• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2021

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
God, don’t tell me that!

Headline - Recruit with immediate effect???????????
Can anyone read French?

Doesn't say anything of note except they want him to come over ASAP and that "currently, he's contracted with the Queensland Reds but according to today's Midi Olympique (french newspaper), his release is still possible and he would be able to finish the season with Toulouse".

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Interesting that Toulouse want him. Getting sick of these French clubs. They already have Ntamack, Ramos and Zack Holmes.

I think they want JO'C as a Joker for the Six Nations whilst Ntamack misses 2 months.

This is the backline they fielded against Bayonne on the weekend:
9. Dupont 10. Ramos 11. Kolbe 12. Ntamack 13. Guitoune 14. Huget 15. Medard

bit stacked already. I wouldn't even start JO'C anywhere in there.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Doesn't say anything of note except they want him to come over ASAP and that "currently, he's contracted with the Queensland Reds but according to today's Midi Olympique (french newspaper), his release is still possible and he would be able to finish the season with Toulouse".
Stories like this just don’t pop up without discussions going on. Someone on here said JOC (James O'Connor)’s deal was done. Is that not the case?
Let’s get Stewart prepped if that’s the case.

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Stories like this just don’t pop up without discussions going on. Someone on here said JOC (James O'Connor)’s deal was done. Is that not the case?
Let’s get Stewart prepped if that’s the case.

I'm poking around on some french forums and it seems like it would be as a medical joker for the rest of the Top 14 season (which finishes in May/June). Apparently, "O'Connor has a clause in his contract with the Queensland Reds and Rugby Australia that permits him to join the french club for the rest of the season"

Pretty shitty clause if you ask me. Only makes sense if it's cover for Six Nations time.

Gervais_rugbylives

Allen Oxlade (6)
I'm poking around on some french forums and it seems like it would be as a medical joker for the rest of the Top 14 season (which finishes in May/June). Apparently, "O'Connor has a clause in his contract with the Queensland Reds and Rugby Australia that permits him to join the french club for the rest of the season"

Pretty shitty clause if you ask me. Only makes sense if it's cover for Six Nations time.

That makes the most sense, they seem very focused on getting him quickly. Solution rapide...

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
I don't speak french, but know a little -- enough to get by, TLDR they want him for a few months as injury cover. So worst case he's gone until like April, but the QRU would need to agree -- not likely. But if he had a young flyhalf replacement it could be a decent way for the QRU to give the young kid some burn and make some cash.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) suspended for first 2 rounds of 2021 Super Rugby AU after getting 4 weeks for his high tackle in the game against Argentina.

Yeah disappointing outcome, just stupid play from LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) which now leaves the Reds short for their first two matches. That’s one way to earn yourself a longer off-season at least.

dillyboy

Arch Winning (36)
Do people seriously think he's going to throw away the Wallabies starting 10 and his relationship with the QRU for half a season in France?

I'd hope he stays but he does have form.....

With his recent injuries though I'm not sure I'd be signing him as injury cover :eek:

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Do people seriously think he's going to throw away the Wallabies starting 10 and his relationship with the QRU for half a season in France?

If he did go (and that's a big if, nothing more than a rumour atm) he'd be back in time for the test season.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
It is if you think throwing "away the Wallabies starting 10" is a reason he might not leave Brisbane for France.

Sorry DCT, you’re saying JOC (James O'Connor) can do France and Wallabies. By ditching Reds and returning where? Or not returning? Just getting selected to Wallabies?

Weird.

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Sorry DCT, you’re saying JOC (James O'Connor) can do France and Wallabies. By ditching Reds and returning where? Or not returning? Just getting selected to Wallabies?

Weird.

Might've not explained myself properly.

I was replying to ZC who was wondering why JO'C would give up Wallabies 10 to move to France. I was saying that he can still be a medical joker for Toulouse to finish their season and return to Australia to play Wallabies in 2021 (presumably signed to Reds for 2022).

Reactions: dru