• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2022

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
I’m not starting a debate about what Deans did.. Quade he also had fallouts with Cheika and Thorn.

End of the day, culture is a hard thing to build and Reds have worked hard on, they also seem to finally have a good mix of experience and youth, is it really worth bringing in someone like Quade?

Is he even available?

It always appeared to me that Thorn did not even give QC (Quade Cooper) a chance and used him as a big name scapegoat to show he was boss

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Maybe he took the time to get to know him?

JOC (James O'Connor) never seemed like a mentor/leader type either

People/young men mature, I personally think JOC (James O'Connor) and Kurtley have been 2 prime examples in last few years of where you would think they more trouble than they worth, but both in my opinion turned out as seemingly good men, I believe Quade has too.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
People/young men mature, I personally think JOC (James O'Connor) and Kurtley have been 2 prime examples in last few years of where you would think they more trouble than they worth, but both in my opinion turned out as seemingly good men, I believe Quade has too.

I think QC (Quade Cooper) actually matured a lot earlier that people remember, his maturity seemed to coincide with dating Stephanie Rice.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
I think QC (Quade Cooper) actually matured a lot earlier that people remember, his maturity seemed to coincide with dating Stephanie Rice.

Ah yes, the same Steph Rice who lost a massive sponsorship deal with Jaguar for calling a team a bunch of c***s on social media. Very mature!

dru

Tim Horan (67)
In his last stint at the Reds Quade was very obvious in being available for the fans, hanging around after games, being diplomatic with the press. I have no idea what was happening behind closed doors but I doubt muchly the retrospective claims of toxicity. If anything, at the time I thought he was angling for a post-playing coaching role. He had committed to Brisbane but had that removed from him. Likewise in his “year out” at the Magpies, he was happy promoting the game and assisting club players. The attitude here by a few, of an important player for the Reds is simply baffling.

None of that discusses his current fitness, capability or Super-readiness, let alone test and Bledislow preparation.

Turfing Quade seemed much more about an inexperienced Thorn taking Bennet advice to heart and making a statement. Even when the Reds had invested heavily and that investment was trashed by the decision. Plenty of issues and errors at the time, few really on Quade.

We should (and have, I think) moved past those issues with the management of the time and Thorn. But it is ungracious to treat Quade the way many are as he gets another shot. Slim, very slim, that it is.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Is Quade even available in 2022?

Off-field aside, i didn’t think he offered a whole lot during the last Rebels campaign in 2019, he had one or two really good games followed by a series of lacklustre games.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Is Quade even available in 2022?

Off-field aside, i didn’t think he offered a whole lot during the last Rebels campaign in 2019, he had one or two really good games followed by a series of lacklustre games.

He also faded badly in the back half of the season for Souths at club level. If he had played like he did during their first few games it would have been one of the best flyhalf performances at clubland for some time, but the drop off especially regarding decision making in the finals was bad.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
He also faded badly in the back half of the season for Souths at club level. If he had played like he did during their first few games it would have been one of the best flyhalf performances at clubland for some time, but the drop off especially regarding decision making in the finals was bad.

Yeah, they went a bit nuts with the attack at all costs game plan. Souths should have won that year but they threw away games going for high risk plays when something simple would have worked.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Squad confirmed.

Queensland Reds Squad
(in alphabetical order)

Richie Asiata – Easts
Angus Blyth – Bond University
Jock Campbell – University of Queensland
Lawson Creighton – Brothers
Filipo Daugunu – Wests
Ilaisa Droasese – Wests
Josh Flook – Brothers
Feao Fotuaika – Sunnybank
Mac Grealy – University of Queensland
Isaac Henry – Wests
Harry Hoopert – Brothers
Tom Lynagh – TBC
Alex Mafi – Bond University
Tate McDermott – University of Queensland
Fraser McReight – Brothers
Josh Nasser – University of Queensland
Zane Nonggorr – Bond University
James O'Connor – Brothers
Hunter Paisami – Wests
Jordan Petaia – Wests
Lukhan Salakaia-Loto – Souths
Angus Scott-Young – University of Queensland
Ryan Smith – Brothers
Hamish Stewart – Brothers
Kalani Thomas – University of Queensland
Tuaina Taii Tualima - GPS
Taniela Tupou – Brothers
Seru Uru – Easts
Suliasi Vunivalu – Wests
Harry Wilson – Brothers
Liam Wright – Easts
Dane Zander – Norths

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
No surprises there, article suggests a few more development signings to come though:

“Following the conclusion of the Queensland Premier Rugby season, further Queensland pathway signings will be announced to complete the Reds 2022 squad as part of the QRU’s ongoing strategy to identify and develop elite Rugby talent in Queensland”

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
I think then Lynagh, even as a youngster, is straight into the full pro team whilst a couple of missing names like Taj and Wilson will be with the Queensland Pathway guys that are yet to be picked/announced.

Couple potential full time spots available or just for foreign players?

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
They mentioned a few more to be announced, so maybe they're under development contracts, or academy contracts.... whatever they're calling it these days

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I think then Lynagh, even as a youngster, is straight into the full pro team whilst a couple of missing names like Taj and Wilson will be with the Queensland Pathway guys that are yet to be picked/announced.

Couple potential full time spots available or just for foreign players?

which Wilson?

Mug Punter

Ward Prentice (10)
My predictions on who the development contracts will be...
Wilson Blyth
Taj Annan
Matt Faessler
Spencer Jeans
+1/2 more Academy boys

Understand H Creighton and Wallis are close to deals elsewhere