• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2022

Gervais_rugbylives

Allen Oxlade (6)
Are you telling me that Henry gets the automatic nod over Stewart and Paisami at 12. Not too sure about that.
I'd imagine he will start off the bench first, but then yes, I think he will move into 12 with Hunter at 13 based on what I heard. Also Stewart's contract runs out at the end of this year and Henry is signed through 2023. Also I just don't see Thorn playing Hunter at 12.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
I'd imagine he will start off the bench first, but then yes, I think he will move into 12 with Hunter at 13 based on what I heard. Also Stewart's contract runs out at the end of this year and Henry is signed through 2023. Also I just don't see Thorn playing Hunter at 12.
Does Stewart know this? It sounds like you know that there won’t be a contract renewal for Stewart. I must say I’m disappointed to hear this and thought much more a Thorn considering Hamish has been very loyal to the Reds over the years. Hamish may as well pack his bags now if that’s the case.

Reactions: dru

Gervais_rugbylives

Allen Oxlade (6)
Does Stewart know this? It sounds like you know that there won’t be a contract renewal for Stewart. I must say I’m disappointed to hear this and thought much more a Thorn considering Hamish has been very loyal to the Reds over the years. Hamish may as well pack his bags now if that’s the case.
Well stuff is never set in stone so there might be a renewal, but at this point it doesn't look likely. Again though, stuff changes so who really knows.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Well stuff is never set in stone so there might be a renewal, but at this point it doesn't look likely. Again though, stuff changes so who really knows.
I am shocked to hear that it doesn’t look likely Stewart will be offered a contract going into 2023. He had been a regular starter in 2021 and 2022, minimal injuries over the past 5 years, proven performance over the likes of Henry and Creighton, true clubman and a loyalty that is second to none.
In fact, I doubt that Thorn will dump Stewart on the hope that Henry or Creighton will eventually become better than him. They are both along way off.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
I'd be very surprised if Stewart wasn't offered a contract next year. That said, I wouldn't be too surprised if he was offered more than we could/would be willing to match to play in Japan/Europe and we lost him as a result.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
I'd be very surprised if Stewart wasn't offered a contract next year. That said, I wouldn't be too surprised if he was offered more than we could/would be willing to match to play in Japan/Europe and we lost him as a result.

He is in the prime position for Japanese clubs to make a decent offer - regular Super Rugby player for years, but not really near Wallaby selection. Also hasn't been capped by the Wallabies so he doesn't fall under their international player rules.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
My point is that how fucked is it that an overly invested poster starts talking about the future of a certain player who currently holds a position ‘of interest’. That in itself should be grounds to rip up a contract. A bit of déjà vu

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
A couple of things I noticed after the game on Saturday. Tasi Tasi sitting with the Reds squad, and George Blake with his arm in a sling. Not good for the depth at hooker.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
My point is that how fucked is it that an overly invested poster starts talking about the future of a certain player who currently holds a position ‘of interest’. That in itself should be grounds to rip up a contract. A bit of déjà vu
I just don’t get why you would take the speculation of a poster in here so seriously. No offence to Gervais_Rugbylives - he could be Sam Cordingley for all I know - but why would you assume someone with inside knowledge of the Reds contracting would post it on here? If Stewart’s contract is up then the reality is that there is a strong chance he’ll end up OS, but I doubt very much it is because Thorn wouldn’t like to keep him.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
The distribution skills Paisami has added to his game is something Kerevi could only dream of. I'm completely blown away with the growth of Paisami every week.

As each player has matured, they’ve really become apples and oranges in terms of comparison. At first it looked like Paisami was a Kerevi Jnr but as his game progressed, a different skill set has emerged.

I think it’s fair to say Kerevi excels at his style of game play, there is really no comparison to his attacking power in world rugby and I doubt he sits in his room at night wishing he could throw a better long pass.

Paisami has become very adept at a multitude of things, from running, passing and even a short kicking game, as well as making his defensive impacts more accurate.

Each player is important on his own merits. I would still take Kerevi though at both Reds and Wallaby level.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
As each player has matured, they’ve really become apples and oranges in terms of comparison. At first it looked like Paisami was a Kerevi Jnr but as his game progressed, a different skill set has emerged.

I think it’s fair to say Kerevi excels at his style of game play, there is really no comparison to his attacking power in world rugby and I doubt he sits in his room at night wishing he could throw a better long pass.

Paisami has become very adept at a multitude of things, from running, passing and even a short kicking game, as well as making his defensive impacts more accurate.

Each player is important on his own merits. I would still take Kerevi though at both Reds and Wallaby level.
I was probably expecting Kerevi to take a Nonu route of development more than anything. Adding the passing and kicking skills after making the team for his running ability then moving in to 12.

Paisami just blows me away with the fact he has just gotten better at every level. I saw him play live for Wests many times and I certainly didn't expect what he has delivered

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
I was probably expecting Kerevi to take a Nonu route of development more than anything. Adding the passing and kicking skills after making the team for his running ability then moving in to 12.

Paisami just blows me away with the fact he has just gotten better at every level. I saw him play live for Wests many times and I certainly didn't expect what he has delivered
I think that is a good analysis.

I watched Kerevi play since club rugby days and he literally treats all opponents the same. If you look at footage of his early GPS rugby games, he is running over club level opponents the same he does in international footy. He hasn’t had a need to adapt his game too much.

Paisami has filled the holes in his game each season to become a better player and has been great again this year.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)

Kerevi is an Australian player, we traditionally overlook developing missing skills if a player excels in other areas of the game, we overlook that lack of skills especially if they score tries. Think of how many of our "best" players cant really tackle effectively or pass in both directions, we have had plenty of back three players who can barely kick too.

Paisami is like an NZ player who knows he has to fight for his position by improving his skills, during his career he has had to fight for what he has gotten and has gotten better.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
I just don’t get why you would take the speculation of a poster in here so seriously. No offence to Gervais_Rugbylives - he could be Sam Cordingley for all I know - but why would you assume someone with inside knowledge of the Reds contracting would post it on here? If Stewart’s contract is up then the reality is that there is a strong chance he’ll end up OS, but I doubt very much it is because Thorn wouldn’t like to keep him.
TSR, it’s not Cordingley.
The posters previous posts leading up to this one, provides their intention. It’s not the the first time Stewart has been the topic of persuasive comments. Chest beating at its finest.

Reactions: TSR

Rugby King

Sydney Middleton (9)
Has there been a lot of talk about Stewart before?