• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2022

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
TSR, it’s not Cordingley.
The posters previous posts leading up to this one, provides their intention. It’s not the the first time Stewart has been the topic of persuasive comments. Chest beating at its finest.

Below is a my comment made about the same account after their first post on the forum in the Reds 2020 thread (24/10/2020).

Hard to not feel skeptical with a brand new account sprouting players hard luck stories with links to a "controversial" player agent.

I'd like to take it back to what I know as a Brisbane person. I know how it has worked in the last few years. Carter, Hunter and Isaac were a brilliant young back line. Carter felt he wasn't valued here, Isaac took up an opportunity to train with the brumbies to better himself even though his mother was suffering breast cancer at the same time and Hunter was lucky to be selected after a long time trying his heart out. I know the shit these boys have gone through. We need to respect the shit these kids under the age of 21 go through. I am bias but I am also not stupid. Hamish Stewart is great in defence but in the NRL people would feel that they actually had a chance. The case of Hunter is amazing, because we never thought that was possible.

Last edited:

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
^There is definitely pro Henry vibe to the history of posts as well as questioning Stewarts future at 12. Everyone’s entitled to their opinion, don’t think Thorn and co spend too much time reading posts before selecting teams or renewing contracts.

Reactions: TSR

Rugby King

Sydney Middleton (9)
^There is definitely pro Henry vibe to the history of posts as well as questioning Stewarts future at 12. Everyone’s entitled to their opinion, don’t think Thorn and co spend too much time reading posts before selecting teams or renewing contracts.
You are right about one thing, neither Thorn nor anyone at the Reds management takes notice of opinions and posts on this platform. And it’s highly unlikely that any players do either.

what is interesting, is that it seems fine to have pro comments about many other players, and make selection comments about other players, but when someone is supportive or “pro Henry”, it’s a talking point.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
You are right about one thing, neither Thorn nor anyone at the Reds management takes notice of opinions and posts on this platform. And it’s highly unlikely that any players do either.

what is interesting, is that it seems fine to have pro comments about many other players, and make selection comments about other players, but when someone is supportive or “pro Henry”, it’s a talking point.

I can guarantee this is incorrect

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
How so?

you think they need advice or help from a bunch of rugby wannabes??

Notice - to see or become conscious of something or someone:
I noticed a crack in the ceiling.
Mary waved at the man but he didn't seem to notice.
[ + (that) ] He noticed (that) the woman was staring at him.
[ + question word ] Did you notice how she did that?

You didn't say anything about advice or help. Reg simply responded that people at the Reds organisation are aware of our opinions. Doesn't mean they listen to us armchair experts, but they are aware of us!

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)

We’ve all got favourites, no problem with that at all.

I just find it interesting when a player keeps getting nominated and the incumbent questioned over close to a two year period. Henry got a crack at 12 last year and Stewart’s form wasn’t all that great at the time. Right now though I’d say Stewart is in very good form, the variation our 10/12/13 are providing in attack is the best it’s been in quite some time.

There was also mention of Paisami not wanting to play 12 some time ago and he has gone onto wear Wallaby Gold in that position since. They are not my words , all there in the post history if you care to have a look.

I personally think it’s great we have options.
Stewart , Paisami, Henry and Creighton all capable of playing 12 and similarly Paisami, Petaia and Flook all capable of filling the 13 jersey. Fantastic options to have.

Rugby King

Sydney Middleton (9)

You didn't say anything about advice or help. Reg simply responded that people at the Reds organisation are aware of our opinions. Doesn't mean they listen to us armchair experts, but they are aware of us!
I said “neither Thorn nor anyone at the Reds management takes notice of opinions and posts on this platform”

reg said they do take notice. (To take notice is to listen to.) there is a difference between “being aware of” and “take notice of or listen to”

I asked how.

I also asked, “you think they need advice or help from a bunch of rugby wannabes??

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I said “neither Thorn nor anyone at the Reds management takes notice of opinions and posts on this platform”

reg said they do take notice. (To take notice is to listen to.) there is a difference between “being aware of” and “take notice of or listen to”

I asked how.

I also asked, “you think they need advice or help from a bunch of rugby wannabes??

People at the QRU (and RA for that matter) read this forum.

Happy?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
People at the QRU (and RA for that matter) read this forum.

Happy?

1647407772164.png

I can't believe you outed him just like that.

dru

Tim Horan (67)

I asked how.

For goodness sake this is a silly discussion. There are not many generally informed fan opinion sites that really give cover to the Reds. They’d be mad not to monitor the place.

Reg isn’t saying anything revolutionary here.

Purce

Jim Clark (26)
Sooooo what are people's thoughts on the Vunivalu situation? Currently a truckload of money spent for zero return.

IMHO he will have to come out of the blocks firing, and last the rest of the season without injury, to justify another contract anywhere near his current one.

Will his value have come down to the NRL given his lack of footy since 2020 and his increased injury toll? Will that allow us to keep him at a lower price? Word is that Souths(?) Really wanted him but couldn't get the cash together to buy him out of his current contract?

I'm wondering what all this could mean for his contract negotiations. Seem to have been whispers since he came across that he was looking at going back to Loigue. Not necessarily a new trend with them but seems to have been more than usual.

I saw him in 1 game at suncorp last year and he was the most athletic player on the field. No doubt. We just need him fixed and committed to spend that kind of dosh on him again... I think.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
We’ve all got favourites, no problem with that at all.

I just find it interesting when a player keeps getting nominated and the incumbent questioned over close to a two year period. Henry got a crack at 12 last year and Stewart’s form wasn’t all that great at the time. Right now though I’d say Stewart is in very good form, the variation our 10/12/13 are providing in attack is the best it’s been in quite some time.

There was also mention of Paisami not wanting to play 12 some time ago and he has gone onto wear Wallaby Gold in that position since. They are not my words , all there in the post history if you care to have a look.

I personally think it’s great we have options.
Stewart , Paisami, Henry and Creighton all capable of playing 12 and similarly Paisami, Petaia and Flook all capable of filling the 13 jersey. Fantastic options to have.

I’m not sure it’s as simple as that. I was a great critic of Stewart at 10, and he was not a traditional 12 neither. In terms of rugby “memes” the bloke breaks the mold. He is a fabulous rugby player, possibly even to WB standard, but he doesn’t fit a lot of standard thinking of roles and combinations.

Reds have found a niche for Stewart, in a group of players that click and work together. Not simply in terms of relationships, but in terms of rugby outcomes.

And the result is good enough to justify the Reds loyalty to a great player. It always worked, but now we have something quite extraordinary. The result is by no way simply about Stewart, but total is far bigger than the sum of the parts. It’s impressive.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Below is a my comment made about the same account after their first post on the forum in the Reds 2020 thread (24/10/2020).
That doesn’t work. Henry changed managers when he approached the Reds. It is doubtful that a former manager would be attempting to talk up player he doesn’t manage.

EDIT. On a second thought, the comments are bloody ridiculous that is makes Henry look like a tool.