• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2023

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
C TV

closer to 99 kg I believe so 6 kg heavier than Tim Horan was at his prime.
Horan was never considered to have "size" so that's totally irrelevant in this conversation.
If you've found a site that says he's 99 good on you but I found two that said je was 94kgs. Guess it depends on how mich je jad for breakfast. Regardless he's not in the same wheel house as players like Kerevi who have actual size.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Not exactly an injury report, but Tupou, Hoopert and Jeans (the 3 long term injuries in the squad) are in Townsville at the moment doing promo. Given they're the only guys there I think it's pretty likely the rest of the main squad is good to go or pretty close to it.

LeCheese

Ken Catchpole (46)
D916A42E-095A-4BF8-AB58-90967837F0E3.jpeg

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Still no squads announced for tomorrow?

I get it’a only a trial and that almost everyone fit who isn’t a Wallaby will get a run, but isn’t that a bit odd?

Alex Ross (28)

I get it’a only a trial and that almost everyone fit who isn’t a Wallaby will get a run, but isn’t that a bit odd?
Apparently Petaia, Paisami and McReight are all playing.
Lawson C at 10

Reactions: TSR

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)

Dunno, maybe doing it in a way to maximise sponsorship exposure.

Reactions: TSR

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I like that they've incorporated the unique design into some training wear, not just a jersey for purchase.

Hard to justify a large number of actual jersey purchases, but the warmup kit can be used as gym wear etc.

Looks great.
Is it actually thin and breathable like a training top? looks heavier like a game day jersey. I'm never really interested in proper jerseys like you say.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Is it actually thin and breathable like a training top? looks heavier like a game day jersey. I'm never really interested in proper jerseys like you say.

Warm up tees are usually lighter than the jersey material and a bit roomier.

I haven't actually got any of the new Canterbury gear so can't comment exactly on what this will be like, but I'll likely purchase it and report back later!

LeCheese

Ken Catchpole (46)
The video uploaded to the Reds' facebook gives a better look - it's definitely a thinner and more breathable material than the jerseys.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Store page has it as a 150gsm polyester mesh compared to 240gsm polyester knit for the replica jersey, so definitely lighter than the jersey and probably about as light as you'd want to go for durability.

Also a good breakdown of the Pacifica components to the design on that page.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I find it odd more than anything. The Reds have been pretty active in social media and posted an interview with Zane Nonngorr yesterday talking about the game. But haven’t managed to our a team sheet up.

Tazzmania

Ted Thorn (20)
I suspect they are being over cautious as the temperature forecast is 39 c.

It will be a likely a wait and see with teams as the flight, fitness and hydration levels could play a big part.

LeCheese

Ken Catchpole (46)
I suspect they are being over cautious as the temperature forecast is 39 c.

It will be a likely a wait and see with teams as the flight, fitness and hydration levels could play a big part.
You'd think they would at least name a 30 man squad, even in this instance.