• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2023

Marce

John Thornett (49)
This season's Indigenous jersey. Canterbury continuing to smash it.

View attachment 15288

The only issue about Reds jerseys are those ugly yellow rectangles on the shoulders. TFH sponsor should be printed with yellow letters

Reactions: gel

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Is there a reason this article didn't mention Vest at all?

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Is there a reason this article didn't mention Vest at all?

He's also injured, maybe left out because he's listed as a backrow first. I'm sure he would've been mentioned as cover if he was fit.

rodha

Dave Cowper (27)
Canterbury absolutely nailing it with these alternate jerseys.
speaking of alternate ones - 2017 Wallabies indigenous jersey is one of best I've seen...
1676541859946.png

Last edited:

Marce

John Thornett (49)
This is what I'm talking about, no yellow rectangles on the shoulders, just yellow letters:

20230216-072114.jpg

And could be even nicer without sponsors at all on the shoulders:

20230216-072141.jpg

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
I don't mind it and maybe this is an unpopular opinion, but I feel like these special jerseys are a good opportunity for gender specific jerseys to be created.

It would give two artists/themes an opportunity to get presented across two separate jerseys, as well as giving the women's team a unique identity.
I think the problem with that in 2023 is that you would get complaints about only identifying 2 genders.

That being said, I would like for their to be separate designs.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Bot I just realised that the game is on 12th May, what else is that day? Me and wifes golden wedding anniverary, so at least I will need seats in gold section and maybe will need to go out for a meal as well! Bloody problems problems!:mad:
Well job done, being a member of Taranaki supporter's club they have released presale tickets, and got a couple!!

Marce

John Thornett (49)
FFS Marce we get it you don't like the sponsors on the jersey but that is how commercial environment works. No sponsor is going to let you bastardise their logo then pay you a shedload for doing it
I never said no sponsor, just look how the new Tahs jersey has improved with that little change:
c09d75db-fce9-4ea5-9668-d44b59b77570.jpg

20230216-165336.jpg