• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2023

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Around the field they did, Reds lineout buckled though. He stole a couple
That's understandable considering we lost LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) moments in. We grabbed a couple of theirs too.

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)
Thorn’s shopping list for 2023 will be interesting. He has an emphasis on recruiting within QPR.
Do we know who the rumoured hooker leaving is. Please don’t be Mafi.
Faessler would be my only QPR pick otherwise we need to look beyond. The lock status now that LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) is gone is very light on. Frost would be my go to.
The prop situation is not ideal depending on Zander and Nonggor’s progression. Still to see George Blake’s development in a QPR this year. All other positions look good.
Mate I realise that you probably don’t look beyond Crosby for talent but at Hooker the QPR guys who should be looked at this year are Dobbins at Wests. The guy at Uq last year before he got hurt and the Lauder kid from Souths. Not a fan of the Crowthers kid at Easts but many are.
Unfortunately Ngnanaimu from GPS has gone to France as he is the most mature body and would do well at the level of picked.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Mate I realise that you probably don’t look beyond Crosby for talent but at Hooker the QPR guys who should be looked at this year are Dobbins at Wests. The guy at Uq last year before he got hurt and the Lauder kid from Souths. Not a fan of the Crowthers kid at Easts but many are.
Unfortunately Ngnanaimu from GPS has gone to France as he is the most mature body and would do well at the level of picked.
The guy at UQ before he got hurt you mean Nasser the starting Reds hooker?

Reactions: TSR

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Cam Flavell?

Theo Fourie worth a look too I reckon
Is Fourie still down with the Rebels?

At this stage it's probably worth talking to a few Rebels players - Ma'afu is another hooker option to consider bringing back and any of Orr/Gibbon/Eloff/Van Nek could probably boost the overall quality of our props and help shore up our scrum. The looseheads in particular - the Reds would have to look like a great destination for any loosehead that backs them self in the scrum right now, a bit of weakness on show when Tupou is off in what is an otherwise very strong team. Any improvement after you arrive would make you look great, and you're playing alongside a wallaby tighthead when Tupou is on.

Sucks to hear for Rebels fans but the way things are going right now and how few contracts they have signed there will likely be plenty of players considering their options.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Easy to forget he is still only 21 years old when this is his 5th season in Super Rugby

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Easy to forget he is still only 21 years old when this is his 5th season in Super Rugby

Is he on average 21yo wages?

bloke needs to step up closer to his expectations, or back off and take a bit more time. Either works for me.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Is he on average 21yo wages?

bloke needs to step up closer to his expectations, or back off and take a bit more time. Either works for me.
does the average 21 year old have people talking about him on the internet.

sorry i don’t understand how he should ‘back off’ on his expectations ?

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
does the average 21 year old have people talking about him on the internet.

sorry i don’t understand how he should ‘back off’ on his expectations ?
The way I look at it is Petiai has lot of potential and sure maybe not reached that potential people think he has. But we do see signs and yes he has had injury challenges earlier in his career. But also the guy is known as hard worker to be the best he can be so I don’t think anyone can fault the effort he puts in. Maybe he just isn’t the next Israel Folau, maybe he is. Time will tell but to me I like the kid and definitely want to see him succeed as he does for me have the X factor potential we live to see (sorry I know some hate thaf X factor word but that magical skill set to make that breath taking try is what gets people talking and excited about games).