• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2023

Sir Charles

Larry Dwyer (12)
Sef is a handy pick up, versatile utility Prop and a Logan boy passionate about QLD rugby how good - the Reds missed the boat letting him go, speaking of missing the boat haha....the Reds should have invested more into Harry Vella, he had more upside and longevity over both Hoopert and Zander at LH.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
8df54a6cfff3ce343ddef31d33a87677

This little man had a pretty good career; 140+ caps for the Tahs and 70+ for the Wallabies.......
Still one of my favourite ever players.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

whats the gossip or news on a replacement for Michael Todd? or is there still more shuffling of the management team to come?

Marce

John Thornett (49)
I liked it enough to buy one.

I miss the Red home jersey and the white away jersey. I also have the white one with goat footprints from the tours of South Africa.
The 2016 home and away kits were the best in some time? The red one is nice too. You don't have to be a Reds supporter to buy it, it's a nice rugby jersey
gettyimages-598186022-2048x2048.jpg

dru

Tim Horan (67)
The away jersey is fine. Hint of red highlights, secondary advertisers logos blend in, argument can be made that the primary sponsor's logo stands out (rather than clashing). The red highlights are clear. About all I would say is that I still prefer a more maroon interpretation of red, but it's a. not issue on the away stripe. And fwiw the fading red patch through the centre intermingled with dark grey - that kind of looks maroon-y anyway.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
My favourites are all red, red shorts and red socks
Reds Jersey.JPG

I also think the early indigenous jerseys were also my favourites
ATSI jersey.JPG

Caputo

Billy Sheehan (19)
Sef is a handy pick up, versatile utility Prop and a Logan boy passionate about QLD rugby how good - the Reds missed the boat letting him go, speaking of missing the boat haha....the Reds should have invested more into Harry Vella, he had more upside and longevity over both Hoopert and Zander at LH.
Is this Harry Vella fella the Canberra Royals Prop. Possibly a chance to be the 3rd Loose Head at the Brumbies with Sio leaving

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Is this Harry Vella fella the Canberra Royals Prop. Possibly a chance to be the 3rd Loose Head at the Brumbies with Sio leaving
probably. plenty of schoolboy hype about him a couple of years ago in Brisbane. came through the Reds pathways junior program.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
yeah that's fascinating given the squad losses. You'd have to think we have something/one more up our sleeve?

maybe the reds have a belief Liam Wright can return to good health. His had a shocking run spanning back to last season. Would feature in most reds matchday 23 when healthy

Alex Ross (28)
yeah that's fascinating given the squad losses. You'd have to think we have something/one more up our sleeve?
Especially odd given that Thorn picked him ahead of LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) to take to NZ for the last couple of games. Even talked him up a bit.
I guess Thorn has nailed his colours to Connor Vest.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
I'd hope so, with Scott-Young, Salakaia-Loto and Tualima gone that's 3 to replace with only Jones coming in so far. That said I also never rated Tualima - he seemed to have a brain explosion everytime he was given a chance, so I can see them deciding it was time to focus on Faifua and Taukipulu.

Anyone know how Halaholo has been going for the Hunter Wildfire? I thought he was great for uq last year with heaps of potential, but I haven't really been watching any Shute Shield.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

I'd hope so, with Scott-Young, Salakaia-Loto and Tualima gone that's 3 to replace with only Jones coming in so far. That said I also never rated Tualima - he seemed to have a brain explosion everytime he was given a chance, so I can see them deciding it was time to focus on Faifua and Taukipulu.

Anyone know how Halaholo has been going for the Hunter Wildfire? I thought he was great for uq last year with heaps of potential, but I haven't really been watching any Shute Shield.
Halaholo was immense for the red heavies last year but seems he hasnt made an impact at Waratahs program.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

Agree about TTT but he has been playing very well for GPS. Will be interesting to see what his little brother does.