• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2023

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Agree about TTT but he has been playing very well for GPS. Will be interesting to see what his little brother does.
Yeah, I'm not necessarily writing him off, he's only young and has plenty of room to grow.

Not sure what the timing on the contract was, but I imagine if the rebels offer came in first and the Reds were asked for a counter offer they would have wished him the best of luck in Melbourne.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Yeah, I'm not necessarily writing him off, he's only young and has plenty of room to grow.

Not sure what the timing on the contract was, but I imagine if the rebels offer came in first and the Reds were asked for a counter offer they would have wished him the best of luck in Melbourne.

How is Melbourne able to financially secure the mass of players they have?
Seems no one has any money except them.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

They are absolutely flush with back row options though, so I wouldn't count it to hardly against him that he was beaten out buy the guys already in their system.
I hear he is seriously looking to move offshore

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

comparatively I guess. Was in the same QLD Under 20s team as Tupou, LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto), ASY (Angus Scott-Young), etc. I think he may be a year younger than them. Maybe it just surprised me - I thought he was early 20s.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
comparatively I guess. Was in the same QLD Under 20s team as Tupou, LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto), ASY (Angus Scott-Young) (Angus Scott-Young), etc. I think he may be a year younger than them. Maybe it just surprised me - I thought he was early 20s.
Oh right, I had him as 22 or 23 but it seems he's 25

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
It's amazing. most teams have a fairly significant turnover this year. It's usually the year AFTER a RWC, not the year before RWC.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

It's amazing. most teams have a fairly significant turnover this year. It's usually the year AFTER a RWC, not the year before RWC.
its the smart ones securing deals before the world market is flooded with ageing test players (post RWC).

Wilson

David Codey (61)
The force were unexpected, makes sense if he's looking for more time at 10 though, particularly with Pasitoa injured.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
interesting. I guess they were more desperate for a 10 option if that is where he wanted to play

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
This has got to be the weirdest contract situation I've seen for a while - would love to know what's gone on,

Mafi announces Stewart to Rebels
Reds say Stewart is staying with Reds (apparently issued him a breach notice and fined him as well)
Rebels say nothing
Force officially sign Stewart

I wonder if the Rebels were a bit miffed by the 'unofficial' signing announcement from Mafi and things fell apart.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Bizarre set of contract negotiations...

If Reds were telling the truth and Hamish was indeed under contract, wonder if Force offered something up in return to have him released.