• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2023

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
REALLY hoping we get to see these two side by side and injury free. I like the look of both of them.

It's a big headache (good one), because we also have Paisami. I also wouldn't be surprised to see JOC (James O'Connor) used at 12 or 13 throughout the year if the Reds are committing to Creighton, and of course Lynagh is on a full deal and no doubt will start coming into the picture.

Interesting the Reds trying Grealy at 12 as well, plays a different game to watch these guys offer in that position. I wonder how he will go.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Will be particularly interesting if both Flook and Henry have strong runs at 13. Could be a nice arm wrestle for 12/13/22 as the season plays out.
There's the other 13 at the Tah's who's been injured as well, I think he and Flook are the standout young 13's.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Wow. Josh Flook looking excellent already for the Qld Dev team.
Flook has natural rugby intelligence, always been a footballer first and an athlete second. Runs great lines , often finds himself in the right spot at the right time and makes very good reads defensively. Went from playing Qld Schoolboys’ 2 in his last year of school to captaining the Australian U18’s the following year when someone put more value in rugby ability over size when picking a rep team.

So different from some of the athletes we have running around in the modern game who get picked up because of their size or physical abilities over their rugby skill set who we then moan about having flaws in their game.

With Flook it will just be if his body holds up , two shoulder recons isn’t a great start, but if it does reckon he can push for higher honours.

Wilson

David Codey (61)

Wilson

David Codey (61)
The Flook hit on Alex Smit about 10 minutes in was great to see, always a bit of a worry with a guy coming back from a shoulder injury that he might be tentative in contact. No sign of that for Flook

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
The Flook hit on Alex Smit about 10 minutes in was great to see, always a bit of a worry with a guy coming back from a shoulder injury that he might be tentative in contact. No sign of that for Flook
Don’t think anyone could have resisted that opportunity. Smit had his hands up reaching for the ball with his lead leg off the ground , his ribs were exposed. Don’t think he would have been overly impressed by the pass from Pilz. Flook certainly didn’t hesitate and read the play well.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
It’ll be interesting to see if Wilson and Vunivalu can play themselves into Wallaby contention during Super Rugby next year. Big for them not to be heading on EOYT.

We’ve got a number of players now who are firmly in the ‘wallabies reject’ bunch.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It’ll be interesting to see if Wilson and Vunivalu can play themselves into Wallaby contention during Super Rugby next year. Big for them not to be heading on EOYT.

We’ve got a number of players now who are firmly in the ‘wallabies reject’ bunch.
Yep, add Swain, HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes), and Edmed who are all now really up against making the RWC squad now.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Yep, add Swain, HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) (Harry Johnson-Holmes), and Edmed who are all now really up against making the RWC squad now.
Swain and Edmed probably have to aim for 2027, but Johnson-Holmes chances all hinge on how many Super games he plays and how he goes against QLD, Rebels and ACT opposition. If he goes well against AAA, Pone and Thor I think he'll get the third tight head spot.