• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Brumbies - Super Rugby Round 7 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Reds have picked up their game this week. And a bit of luck to go with it.

RED-BRU.jpg

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
There was a terrible decision when the Brumbies were on attack and there was no way Daley was supporting his weight at the ruck...

Right in front of Walsh...

Aaarrrggghhh...

That's why we need Hooper on... If Wlash us going to award contentious ruck penalties to the defensive team we need our own guy playing on the fringes, and Vaea doesn't being that...

Tordah

Dave Cowper (27)
Horwill is the king of lazy running and loitering around the rucks offside (that's a compliment)

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Holy crap the Brumbies handling was shit tonight. Reds may well have found a keeper in Lane & could kick on from here.

I hope White learns his lesson that Hooper should start.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The Brumbies were just too impatient and too many handling errors...

Also, it didn't help that Walsh was just atrocious....

Allowed the crowd to sway him to award 2 non forward passes and completely ignore the laws of the breakdown for most of the first hour...

Anyways, kudos Reds...

Tordah

Dave Cowper (27)
Of course I would, Richie is a bloody kiwi! :p

I appreciate your honesty :)
Reds did well to hold on, Brumbies too error-prone. Ref in the Hurricanes - Shorks game was certainly worse (favouring the Canes). I thought Walsh was fairly consistent, Reds probably played him better. I would love to see a statistic of the 2nd half territory and how many kicks the Reds made

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Reds dominated the first half, but predictably switched off and I thought the Brumbies were really going to get the biccies in the end. Dumb kicking and aimless kicking from both teams were the hallmark.

The Brumbies hands were what decided the game, along with Gill and Robinson getting free reign.

Both of those first half Reds tries were lucky; first was surely out and Davies was offside at the ruck after not taking an extra step back, but the second was at least a try.

Genia started well and got progressively worse as the game went on. So many poor decisions and poor kicks.

Reds need to do something about switching off after 50 minutes, the Brumbies gladly took control and looked a better team in the second half. Thought Moore had a good game, and Hooper off the bench too. McCabe and Tomane also good.

Schadenfreude

John Solomon (38)
Just got home.

Some massive hits in defense tonight. Playing for field position is far enough, aimless shit kicking is not. Lane started slow but looked more decisive, and quicker the longer the game went - will need an off season to get his physicality up - but looked comfortable in contact. Please can people shut up about Davies now? That pass was Cooperesque.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
First win over the Brumbies at Suncorp Stadium! First win over the Brumbies in Brisbane this century!

Well done to the Reds for busting a couple of hoodoos.

Bloody ugly match to watch and first try was highly questionable, but given the way the Reds have been going any win is a great win. Bring on the bye and chance to regroup.

Thought Tomane looked very dangerous in attack for Brumbies. Will be interesting to see how he goes if he can string a few games together.

Happy Sam Lane's nerves settled too after a pretty ordinary first 15 mins. That miss from in front was a shocker.

Think I will sort out a flight to go watch the rematch. That plus Reds v Tahs in last round will probably decide the Aus winner.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
Lane has spark and poise.

Walsh and I were in line with one of those forward passes - there was no doubt.

The reds kicked a lot of ball to the ponies in he second half, but the ponies were playing a suffocating game well esp when Hooper arrived.

T

tranquility

Glad for the win, pity that we stopped playing rugby after oranges though.

Good first up game from Lane, looked very composed and I like that he keeps the defense honest with inside-balls and jinks against the grain.
He is however under-condition physically and aerobically and as Schaden mentioned will need a proper pre-season to get up to speed.
My word, wouldn't his manager be getting come calls tonight though? Richard Graham did you watch that?

Simmonds was good tonight as well, did some as Lee would call it effective moving of pianos. The bash brothers were immense as well, we definitely have not seen the end of that tactic this season.

Tomane is electric. The try he scored was a joke.

Also glad the Brumbies didn't get a bonus point after Giteau's little performance last year.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Just got home myself. Reds forwards were good tonight. Loved the fight. Nothing better than 2 front rowers showing wingers how to dance.

Reds backs have no cohesion. 7th back line in 7 games will do that. The kicking confused me till I realised they were not wanting to get caught behind the ad line with the ball under any circumstances. They shut up shop to early. Would have like to see them keep playing.

Hope there were no injuries from this game.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Just over 300000 peeps on the bandwagon tonight and im glade we had a win for them as they would fuck the REDS off quickly if we lost 4 in a row.
It will take a long time for me to get over my bitterness the way the REDS where treated by the RA RA folk that never turned up while we where in a rebuilding phase :cool: ... But at least they never Booooooooed them like the State south of us..

Boozed on Good Friday, so yes it been A GOOD FRIDAY for me with a win and over priced piss...

And by the look of the score the Force played there best game against the REDS...

Night Fuckers:) have a cracker of a super 15 Easter long weekend...

AND REMEMBER IF YOU GET BOOZED, DONT DRIVE THE NEXT MORNING... BECAUSE THERE OUT EARLY THIS YEAR..

Status
Not open for further replies.