• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Brumbies

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Just what I thought. Sort of.

The unabridged version is: Shit, when did the Reds become the Crusaders? (Or vice versa I suppose, given yesterday's game).

Also, you were right about it being vile at the ground. I don't recall ever going to a Soup game in shorts and sandals before.

2012 or 13 First Game of the season v Force. 38 horrible degrees on a Sunday afternoon in February comes to my mind. Ridiculous conditions for any form of football.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Cripes, that seems very low, back in the day Qld v nags would've been at least 25k?. I wonder what the record is.

13k @ Ballymore wouldn't be so bad, @ 53k capacity Lang Park is just depressing :(

I reckon the endless summer we're having has a bit to do with it. Along with having to win back the trust of many punters to invest their time & hard earned cash
Returning to a decrepit and isolated Ballymore would be a giant leap backwards.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Well we can be harsh when it's poor, so we aught be enthusiastic when it's good. That was awesome.

Reds looked like a proper professional team out there today.

Thought Higgers really stood up. Haven't seen that for a while. Set piece had to work hard. And did. Back row was inspiring. Strangely Tupou was the only guy I was thinking wasn't at his best.

And the back line. Excellent.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Randomly, I was at the game as I live up here .. 2 things I noticed.

1/* Sean McMahon was at the game and lining up at the ticket booth to get a seat.. found that weird he had to line up for tickets for himself and his mates (not that they shouldnt just was weird)

2/* At half time Joe Powell took the kick and kicked it over the sideline to start the half time, but his kick actually went into in goal and out on the full (Brumbies try line) isn't that, or shouldnt that be a penalty ??

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Randomly, I was at the game as I live up here .. 2 things I noticed.

1/* Sean McMahon was at the game and lining up at the ticket booth to get a seat.. found that weird he had to line up for tickets for himself and his mates (not that they shouldnt just was weird)

2/* At half time Joe Powell took the kick and kicked it over the sideline to start the half time, but his kick actually went into in goal and out on the full (Brumbies try line) isn't that, or shouldnt that be a penalty ??

No it's not a penalty only a scrum put in to Reds, so halftime !

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Ok was at game, and enjoyed the result, I thought the young Reds boys certainly gave it everything, and will go on from this with a bit of confidence. As well as the Reds went ,the Brumbies were awful, the most unimaginative team I have seen for a while. They seemed to lose game in opening minutes when they won phase after phase, did nothing, the Reds knocked them over, and I had feeling then Reds had it in the bag. Am mixed on afternoon rugby these days, although it great for families, would of been terrible on east side of field looking into sun etc, and must be a little hard for players coming in and out of sun on the field and seeing the ball.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Recovery will be very important for the Reds this week. We have a bit of help with the draw inthe next two weeks getting the Rebels coming back from SA & the Stormers 3 weeks into their road trip, but yesterday’s effort must take a toll on the body.

The probable unavailability of ASY (Angus Scott-Young) & Timu won’t help.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)

Here's hoping he was lining up to pick up his free tickets left for him by the club....

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
ANGUS SCOTT-YOUNG CITED
Player: Angus Scott-Young
Team: Reds
Position: Flanker
Date of Incident: 24 March 2019
Nature of Offence: Law 9.12: A player must not physically abuse anyone. Physical abuse includes, but is not limited to punching or striking with the hand or arm.
Elapsed time in match when incident occurred: 28:57
Hearing Details (date, time and venue): Foul Play Review Committee, Monday 25 March 2019, 8am(SAST), 5pm(AEDT), 7pm(NZDT) via video-conference.

Angus Scott-Young of the Reds has been cited for alleged foul play during a Super Rugby match at the weekend.

Scott-Young is alleged to have contravened Law 9.12: A player must not physically abuse anyone. Physical abuse includes, but is not limited to punching or striking with the hand or arm, during the match between the Reds and Brumbies at Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane on 24 March 2019.

Upon further review of the match footage, the Citing Commissioner deemed in his opinion the incident had met the Red Card threshold for foul play.

The Case is to be considered in the first instance by the SANZAAR Foul Play Review Committee which will take place on Monday 25 March 2019, 8am(SAST), 5pm(AEDT), 7pm(NZDT) via video-conference.

Shaker

Ron Walden (29)
Just re-analyzed the game, I personally was surprised by how poor the Brumbies actually were, especially in the 1st half. After that first attack, Brumbies almost had no ball where they actually ran into contact, they just seemed to kick it away.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Just re-analyzed the game, I personally was surprised by how poor the Brumbies actually were, especially in the 1st half. After that first attack, Brumbies almost had no ball where they actually ran into contact, they just seemed to kick it away.

Yep - noticed this as well. Not taking anything away from the Reds, but it really was a perfect storm of the Reds taking the correct counter-attack options, and the Brumbies giving them plenty of opportunities to win the game.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Thanks to all for advice RE taking young kids. We went and they loved it despite the heat. Our seats were in the sun for the first 20mins and I thought that would break one of them or my wife but they stuck in there and once the glorious shade came over we were fine.

For anyone else playing along at home. We took lollies in little zip lock bags but just took small snack packets of chips in their commercial packets. No problems at all. We had my daughters Rusty doll and a mini ball in my wifes handbag (had no idea about the ball ban!) and the security guard said to her, "Just keep that (ball) hidden, you're not supposed to bring them here. That Koala is cool but!!" Well played to him. He could've told us to check it, but didn't so I was impressed.

My son (3yo) is easily overwhelmed in busy or noisy places was in his element surprisingly. He said before the game he was going to cheer them on but I didn't think he would. He lasted about 60mins of almost non stop cheering at the top of his voice (apologies to anyone near us) even when there was nothing happening on the field. Lots of "GO YOU REDS" and a few "GOOD ON YOU MATE"'s as well as plenty of random cheers. With about 10 to go he asked to play a game on my phone which I thought he earned. I was a little self conscious that he was annoying people and my wife was really self conscious. We tried to tell him to just cheer when either team did something but he just kept going. A bloke came up to us at half time and told us not to tell him to be quiet, then gave them his Go Reds signs and his program. Thumbs up, that guy. Another fella in the crowd was trying to spur my son on. :D

After the game we hung around as my daughter wanted her mini ball signed. I thought the players might do a lap but I reckon they were probably too stuffed. Ruan and JP came over near to where we were sitting as their family was there. We hung around, not wanting to intrude and they noticed and when they were finished they both came over and signed her ball and chatted to both kids which was wonderful. My daughter was stoked. Both wonderful blokes. Ruan looked wrecked but still had time for the fans.

Great day out, the Reds really should try and convince the powers that be to give them more arvo games. Later in the season but ;)

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yes.

The mid range penalty for striking is 6 weeks. The high range is 10+ weeks.

I think it will stay at mid range and he'll get it reduced to 3 weeks.

Yep, if he pleads guilty which he'd be dumb not.........

So 6 weeks reduced to 3 with a guilty plea and no prior incidents.