• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Crusaders - Round 6

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
I only got a change to watch this game tonight and having read some of the comments re: the Wallabies selections, people really weren't wrong. It's really hard to fathom what is going on with Vunivalu's selection and entirely apparent why Thorn hasn't selected him for the game this weekend.

I can't work out if there is a sunk-cost fallacy occurring with Rugby Australia and the Red's around Vunivalu. Would have been smarter to have invested in someone like Mack Hansen.
It’s one thing to have got him over and realised he hasn't cut it in rugby. Another though to renew his contract for another 2 years. I don’t get that.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Or maybe that now he has re-signed the Reds are taking a longer term view and Eddie Jones just wants to get him in and understand what he is about and if he can cut it. He certainly was poor last week so I think it makes it easier for the Reds.

I like the national coach getting guys to show them what he expects if they want to be in the team.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Hindsight's a great thing, but even then noone knows how Hansen would of gone if he stayed in the Aus system.
Oh, I didn't just mean Hansen specifically (I said someone like him), I mean't any upcoming Australia winger... or players we could be investing in.
It’s one thing to have got him over and realised he hasn't cut it in rugby. Another though to renew his contract for another 2 years. I don’t get that.
Like I said, feels like sunk costs fallacy.

I really hope I get proved wrong on this one and he somehow morphs into a phenomena, but i just don't see it at all atm.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
More in keeping with the thread. I enjoyed elements of this game. Petaia is starting to look a lot more comfortable with his play and putting in some really good performances. Wilson, McReight, McDermott all had solid games. JOC (James O'Connor) look 'ok' at points, but his kicking was pretty questionable. Some real sloppy play from the likes of Uru... and Nonggorr was poor defensively in places... Zander I thought had some real issues with his scrummaging.

Whilst I think Flook may have got it over the line if Henry had passed, for him and that wrist of his, that may have been the right option at that time.

I thought the Crusaders were very unclinical and you could see the disruption having so many starters out is having on them, but they still have so much class. That first Fainga'anuku try was just him and Mo'unga doing their thing.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Oh, I didn't just mean Hansen specifically (I said someone like him), I mean't any upcoming Australia winger... or players we could be investing in.

Like I said, feels like sunk costs fallacy.

I really hope I get proved wrong on this one and he somehow morphs into a phenomena, but i just don't see it at all atm.
One SV is enough surely. Don't need two or more of him. Just a phenomenon would suffice