• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Waratahs in Townsville

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Watching a bit of the highlights this morning, one moment that did impress me was Foteki's effort in his try, passes in in the first phase, gets off his arse after being tackles and works hard enough to be in position to run the support line to score

An annoying part of the replay of this is that a huge amount of work that contributed to the try was done on the previous phase by Max Jorgensen but none of the replays include that.

His ball running and then offload to Pietsch were critical in setting up the try. It's what allowed the front foot ball and numerical advantage on the short side.

The replay shows a great try but including the previous phase makes it even better.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Don't disagree on any of those comments D. What gets up my nose a bit is that pilferers often place a hand on the tackled player on the ground to stay upright but rarely get caught. What's the difference between hands on the ground or hands on the tackled player to keep the balance and stay on their feet?

However, what irks me most is the tackler continuing to hold the tackled player and keeping the ball locked in to the tackled player's body so that it can't be released. Some very obvious examples went unchecked in the Reds/Tahs game on the weekend.
I dont have an issue with a pilferer placing his hands on the ground to get balance, he risks being cleaned out and having his forearms broken and I think pilfering is close to my favourite part of the game.