• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds vs Bulls - Rd6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
So we wait until 81 minutes before we start playing.

You can't play no rugby whatsoever and expect to win.

Well done Reds. Just a little bit less shit than us tonight.

James Leckie. Please no more. Please.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
So we wait until 81 minutes before we start playing.

You can't play no rugby whatsoever and expect to win.

Well done Reds. Just a little bit less shit than us tonight.

James Leckie. Please no more. Please.

You just can't win games without the ball....... can't box kick everything........

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
You have to say, the Reds certainly take out this years luckiest side. Manage to play awful and still pick up these close wins.

Nothing has changed for the Bulls. They do the same ineffective thing for 75 minutes and then they are forced to make changes, run the ball and they are completely dominant. They did the same thing against the Chiefs last year. They don't deserve to win games with gutless play year in year out.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Amazing what the Bulls could almost do when they let some rugby breakout from the inane box-kicks.
Reds were error-ridden, with some moments of good play. Genia very good, Horwill solid for first outing, Cooper had moments, Ioane busy. Otherwise, not their best but they got the win.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Thanks Hugh and team for the progress scores and the entertaining comments!

Good luck Sammy and the Brumbies!!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Mr Doug, We needed a double Scotch (Johnny Walker Red) to get through that game.

Big Kev made a difference in the first half. Genia played well. Diggers needs a better haircut. QC (Quade Cooper) was good in patches but 200% better than last week.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
I actually like Fouche. He seems a lot more willing than Steyn. The problem with the Bulls though is that other teams know what to expect. Beat the rolling maul, dominate up front, you have beaten the Bulls. A shame really; they seem to have some talent out wide.

But by god that was scrappy from the Reds. I don't think I have any fingernails left! As Whatty said, it was an odd game, but enjoyable to watch. I thought Anae was really good when he came on. Although Simmons probably shouldn't have played after his head knock last week, he played really well once he came on.

Quirk really needs to improve his discipline though. He gives away too many penalties. For me though, Holmes was the MOM. He worked hard all night and seemed to be everywhere. I have to mention Dewald Potgeiter though. Even though he dropped the ball a fair bit in contact, you get the feeling that if he could stay on the field, he could really be something. He is a very good player.

In closing, a scrappy win - but I will take a win over the Bulls any day of the week.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Gutless? Stupid, pointless ill advised maybe gutless no. Probably your passion a little misdirected.
I agree it's probably not the correct word to use, it's not far off though. I think their complete aversion to taking risk, doing something even slightly different is borderline. If only because they show they have the talent to be so much more effective by just trying it. It's probably not the players fault either.

tic

Herbert Moran (7)
Very, very, very average game.

I thought the match was entertaining. Errors were around but Reds played some good open attack. The Reds are still the most dynamic Australian team in attack by far. If they can restrict their turnovers in attack, they will again be a serious challenge for the title.

edit - first time since 1999 that the Bulls have not scored a try in an Australian game. Cudos to Reds defence which has only let in 6 tries in 5 matches so far.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^^ Small steps have been made. A long way to go before we see QC (Quade Cooper) 2011 vintage..

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Quirk was a little too eager I'd say to step up with Gill crook. Overplayed at the breakdown and didn't really think about it. Got rightly penalised on several occasions.

Thought Cooper looked a little more composed tonight.

I didn't mind that 1st 5, Fouche for the Bulls. Doesn't seem to stand as deep as Morne and actually looks to go forward.

But what hurt them was that there didn't appear to be a lot of rhythm between he and Vermark. Not a huge fan of Vermark's play.

Status
Not open for further replies.