• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds vs Bulls - Rd6

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
I will take coopers try, try saving takle close to full time and his kick chase takle and dislodge to ball from the offense. Then his silly mistakes last week
Give it a few weeks and the reds will be back to great form.

Diggers was lose tonight in open ball. I think he is much better crashing the ball up and breaking play. Open play he thinks to much and we all know he can't pass for shit.

Ref tonight also was all over the shop. And with the frustration from that and fucken enjoying bull's supporters yapping some fucken rubbish I'm glade we won.

Getting use to close wins over the years.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Cooper, Genia combination had some spark. The Lance try was sensational.

I thought Simmons stepped up again tonight in the 2nd half.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Will Genia has not lost a beat. That was a performance of the clear number 1 halfback in the world.
Quade is getting there, he showed heaps of promise tonight. He thrives when he has Genia and Fainga'a next to him.
Tapuai was great again, he should be the Wallabies 12 hands down.
Quirk and Shatz had quiter games, but they got through a lot of grunt work, it is rare that the Bulls are cleared so easily off their ball.
Holmes, Hanson and Slipper were strong around the field, and I actually think our scrum is improving (despite what the commentators think).
Dom Shipperely needs to be picked ahead of Sautia when he is fit. Chris has looked a bit lost the last few weeks. Way too many mistakes.

Overall, a performance like that you'd give about 6/10. A lot of promise shown, hopefully we can build on that momentum especially in attack and at the breakdown.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
I was at the game and it was epic. Fuck some people are hard to please. It was a Cliffhanger. Some great attack, stoic Defence, big hits, lead swaps, Agro, nail biting finish after the bell.

Fun suckers and wet blankets should seriously just stfu.
Couldn't agree more. I found that game to be the most entertaining of the year. Performance wasnt that great, but as a spectacle it was some pretty exciting stuff. My brother who usually cannot watch 5 minutes of union was enjoying it so much he watched the whole game.

redveincheese

Billy Sheehan (19)
Edge of the seat stuff at the end, haven't watched the replay yet but at the game it looked like a deserved win for the reds. Great game to be at, especially seeing that boot rubbing chalk on the big screen at the death.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Exciting and tense finish. I enjoyed it and everyone around me at the ground did as well, even with a bit of frustration here and there sometimes.

A good game from QC (Quade Cooper), and a relly good game by Genia. Bulls never really looked like scoring a try until that one at the end. Reds looked a lot better than last week, but still dropped quite a bit of ball. Not too surprising though given its another game played in a sauna.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I was at the game and it was epic. Fuck some people are hard to please. It was a Cliffhanger. Some great attack, stoic Defence, big hits, lead swaps, Agro, nail biting finish after the bell.

Fun suckers and wet blankets should seriously just stfu.

Can't like this enough mate. :)

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
Just got back from the stadium! Great night out, edge of your seat finish!

That's 2 from 2 v overseas teams!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Seems those of us that saw it at the ground thought differently to the tv viewers. It was the reds best performance of the year so far, and while they didnt put the bulls away they were in enough good positions and showing enough forward dominance and back line flare to have scored four tries. They made metres close to the ruck and through the centres, scored 2 tries to nil and mostly stopped the bulls in their tracks. They also had the better of the scrum, and had the bulls under so much pressure in the first half they were forced to concede twice the amount of penalties/penalty advantages including 5 in a row at one stage (4 of which were in the 22 - not sure how the yellow wasn't pulled there).

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
I was at the ground and I thought it was a pretty exciting game.

Genia is phenominal, the stuff he does off the ball in defence (which you don't see on tv) is just amazing. Cooper finding a bit of form was also good to see.

Reds played like it was 2010 again, throwing it round, making the other teams run. Really good stuff to watch live.

redveincheese

Billy Sheehan (19)
Horwill=inspirational, Genia=sublime. Special mention must go to QC (Quade Cooper), his situational awareness was outstanding and he made a notable difference throughout the game especially in last the 5 minutes where his instinct led him to be where he needed to be to make that difference.

Forwards, working, keeping on working, and keeping on.

Bulls, while as usual, strong and competent, kicked away there possession. Was their plan to rely on reds mistakes under pressure in there own half? Were they just relying on the sanzar "how to referee super 15 for dummies" guidebook to deliver them a win from a probable loss. Their tactics, were at times hard to comprehend. But in the end it almost worked.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
On TV it looked both good and bad TBH. Conceding those penalties and giving away our lead made me want to pull my hair out. Skills looked a bit sloppy at times.

It sounds like the Reds looked good off the ball in setting up their patterns judging from what you blokes at the game are saying. You just can't gauge this on TV so it is encouraging to hear this.

Happy to take the win knowing our best is yet to come.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Reds were error-ridden, with some moments of good play. Genia very good, Horwill solid for first outing, Cooper had moments, Ioane busy. Otherwise, not their best but they got the win.

Ioane busy??? I was actually saying to mates while at game you would think he a brother of Robbie Fruean, I thought he played about 10 minutes and the rest of time ,I thought he just wandered. That was impression I got from where I was sitting at game anyway.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
It sounds like the Reds looked good off the ball in setting up their patterns judging from what you blokes at the game are saying. You just can't gauge this on TV so it is encouraging to hear this.

I bet coopers try looked like he just popped up in the right place on the tv. Have not seen a replay. Live though we watched him move it one direction and get the whole Bulls team going that way then he doubled back on them. It was a piece of play the whole of Lang Park got but the Bulls seemed to miss.

The roar when Jono went over was hysterical where we sit. Nothing better than being there going mental with thousands of other in moments like that.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Has anyone heard if Jono is getting cited? Having him and Ant in the team running direct lines off Cooper and Genia looks really good.

SammyP

Chris McKivat (8)
Looks like cooper has realised he isn't necessarily going to walk into the wallaby no. 10 jumper and might actually have to earn it. He did more in last nights game than he has since his injury. And no, I'm not having a go at him, just noticing the improvement in his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.