• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds vs Chiefs, 7:45pm Friday, April 29 2022 @Suncorp Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I assume he asked the AR why he let the opposition half man handle him like that.

And I assume the AR said something along the lines of ‘well, don’t get offside and he won’t have to’.

Not sure what the ARs response would have been though to Fotuaika if he asked him ‘hey - why did you just let Ross walk around the corner like it was a Merry-go-round’ :)
And he would of said because you were offside and he had to get you out of way so he could go and get ball?

Reactions: TSR

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Scrum penalties were frustrating last night, but let’s be honest, the Reds haven’t had any loose head prop really take the position and make it their own.

Both Hoopert and Zander are just as likely to be sent back to clubland and get worked over by a 1st grade tighthead. In saying that, I don’t think there are any stand out players to replace either of them.
I thought Hoopert has been playing well, but I feel he's body/frame is just too light to play prop at this stage.

For those that watched the game at home, in the offloads leading up to Campbell being sent off, I think the second last pass was a roll out of the hands. From the ground it looked like it rolled forward out of the hand, was that not the case on TV?

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Yeah - I think it was forward, but I’ve seen worse let go.

Unfortunately the others let go haven’t always had the bad level of carry on damage to my team that this one did.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Am I right that the three back reserves did not get game time? IE Jeans, Aubry and Grealy.

That was a tight game to not empty the bench. I'd guess you leave the reserve half back alone if Tate is on fire, and he was.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Photos from last night

woah, what is the go here? Did the camera swoop in and stuff up the shot? How close is that thing?

1ac3fd_9cd0273cf1a54f938b5389d3f435339e~mv2.jpg

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Kicking was the right idea, because their defensive systems generally contained the Chiefs counterattack, when they weren't also just kicking it back.

The problem: really poor execution. Some of the kicks went high when they should have gone long, and vice-versa. There were more opportunities for a 50/22 with Tupaea on the wing, who is usually a centre and occasionally out of place.

Not that the Reds set piece was clicking enough to take advantage of that. Chiefs tight five over powered them.

Additionally, the Chiefs were trundling along in third gear most of the game, probing for weaknesses. Suddenly they'd accelerate into rucks and speed things up, and that's when the trouble started.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Am I right that the three back reserves did not get game time? IE Jeans, Aubry and Grealy.

That was a tight game to not empty the bench. I'd guess you leave the reserve half back alone if Tate is on fire, and he was.

All super inexperienced players. I think it was the right call in a tight match.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Again, like last week, I think Creighton was pretty damn decent. A few mistakes but not unexpected when a Flyhalf his making his 2nd start.

He wasn’t supported, however, but Campbell and Paisami again. Neither of whom are proving the attacking threat needed. And Daugunu is a shadow of his former attacking self. If those three, or even 2 of them, play to their true abilities then we win the match. Even without JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor).
The fuck is the deal with Daugunu? Few years ago the guy looked like he was gunna score every time he touched the ball.

Plus hes really letting my fantasy team down.

Edit: you know you are shit when Connor Garden Bachop is getting a start over you.

Last edited:

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I’m a bit philosophical. Scrummaging is always about what you can get away with. But it did seem that scrum was particularly easy to see they were walking around the corner. And it obviously made the try something of a lay down misere.

It is interesting that the Refs apparently talked to the refs specifically about the Chiefs illegal wheeling before the game, and the touchy/ref still ignored that.

On the one hand I think the Chiefs benefitted from already being on top of the scrum battle and so got latitude out of the perception created by that. To be honest, I am kinda okay with that as it is all part of the cut and thrust of front row play.

But that one was so bad I wonder if taking to the refs before hand is almost counterproductive.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Refs & assistant refs (refs in other games) are meant to be professional, and get highly paid for approx 4 hours of work a week plus review meetings etc.
Bearing that in mind, 3 sets of eyes on the field should be able to pick up front rowers blatently angling into the opposing hooker, amongst other misdemeanours.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Imagine the future when AI is integrated into over head cameras like the above and conducts real time analysis of illegal scrummaging techniques, sending a message down to the referee.

People are gonna hate it

Status
Not open for further replies.