• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds vs Rebels - 2011R05

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
He didn't crab in the 2nd XV games this year at 12. What he did do was consistently beat the first man, defend well and take the right options.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
13 could amount to nothing more tha a number on his back. Tactics may include a bit of positional recieving between 12 and 13. I hope they can create some space inside for a roving Ionae. I see the concern over the Rebels scrum but I think the Reds will attempt to depower it with a fast pace style of game that would not suit the Rebels. Maqueen could do worse than start Weeks for his mobility and bring Yoda in later in the game.

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
Staff member
Numbers on backs has always been something Link has ignored, remember the initials initiative when he was back at the Tahs?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I am surprised that the Rebels didn't switch Saffy to 7. I think he is more suited to the position that Chamberlain but I guess we will find out tomorrow night.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
I reckon he will spent most time at OC. Finger crash ball option short and Taps longer to use his step or set up his outside backs.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
Sorry Reddy, have to disagree with u there. Chambers hasnt hit any sort of form this year so far. he has only contributed to handling errors and flow disruption. I would have had him out a long time ago, back with the reserves until he hits his straps again and gets some sticky hands. Ive always liked diggers at 13 as he tears up midfields, however ben is getting a crack which isnt a bad thing if he delivers on pre season form....

Yeah I kinda said an "in form" Chambers, but you know, just ignore that part of my comment - no one is checking :p

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
Reddy he is about 95 kgs and 5'9 ish. In the pre season I'm pretty sure Digby said Taps beat him in the 40m testing sessions, came second behind Rod Davies i think.

The crabbing I have only seen in that video, the other matches I have seen him in he straightened the attack and was very physical.

Looking forward to seeing Digby go to 13, Taps to 12 and see Morahan on the wing

Thanks for clarifying that mate. I put Taps under a similar category as Toua - heard lots but haven't seen much yet, so I was making my judgement solely on that video which is obviously fairly old.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
a lot of that crabbing is because Sunnybank was playing him at 5/8 and he isnt a great passer of the ball, he can offload quite good, but long cut out passes are really his thing. So he was kind of forced to run the ball a lot more to spread it.

Yes, his offloading and short passing game seems to be quite good which is what I said above, and is obviously quite suited to the inside centre position.

T

TheTruth

Yes, his offloading and short passing game seems to be quite good which is what I said above, and is obviously quite suited to the inside centre position.

The Taps Tackle is also very effective - seems to go very low and drops players quickly. However have always thought he was better closer in at inside or possibly even at 10 - has great hands and is intutitive. Suppose we will see how he handles the game out wide.

T

TOCC

L_Weeks Laurie Weeks
Finished dinner with higgers dk beau and Saia @FaingaaTwins. good to catch up with the boys. Now time for some physio before the game!

the world or professional rugby huh, here's hoping they remember they are on opposite teams on the weekend

T

TheTruth

the world or professional rugby huh, here's hoping they remember they are on opposite teams on the weekend

Can just imagine the stilted conversation between waugh and crofty if they had gone to dinner the night before a game - probably have a blue before desert

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)

Well one lot will be on the field and the other on the pine. Welcome back to Brisbane Laurie.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
I'm hoping upon hope that tonight sees the Reds rediscover that exciting brand of rugby that captivated us all in 2010. Couple of things:

It's time for Messrs Genia and Cooper to step up and reignite the backline.

Genia to again demonstrate why he should be the skipper.

As Moses said, so good to see Beau Robinson get a full contract. Hopefully he celebrates that with a whale of a game tonight.

Exciting to see Ben Tapuai get his run on debut, albeit out of position. Kudos to Link for again recognising and rewarding good form and loyalty. A bit of bad luck for Chambers but hopefully this minor setback will be the motivation for him to find last years form.

Go the Reds!!!!

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I think we will see a bit of Ant running and unders line to keep Morty in tight and Quade hitting Taps on an overs line to give Mitchell a few headaches and lots of runners looking for a pass running of his hips. Then they only have to get past Huxley, TRY TIME.

T

tranquility

Salivating for this one.

I have just heard from a very reliable source that James Charalambous is again injured and will be retiring his ambitions of playing super rugby. Many pundits on here will probably have never heard of him, but it is indeed a great shame both for himself and QLD rugby because the bloke had the ability and the application to have a good crack at it.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Salivating for this one.

I have just heard from a very reliable source that James Charalambous is again injured and will be retiring his ambitions of playing super rugby. Many pundits on here will probably have never heard of him, but it is indeed a great shame both for himself and QLD rugby because the bloke had the ability and the application to have a good crack at it.

Heard quite a bit about him but never watched him play. Very sad for the young guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.