• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Richie Bloody McCaw - Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

undercoverkiwi

Just as long as no-one pushes him in the back of the head. That would be outrageous

I shudder to think what sort of bile would spew forth had, say, Ali Williams shoved one of your players in the head after the ball was dead, and then kneed him when he lay prone on the ground 10 months later.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I shudder to think what sort of bile would spew forth had, say, Ali Williams shoved one of your players in the head after the ball was dead, and then kneed him when he lay prone on the ground 10 months later.
He was lying supine. But yes, point taken.

M

Muttonbird

Three times IRB player-of-the-year. No-one has done more for the game on the field and you can't argue with that.

Humble and polite off the field he's been sorely tested on it by Cooper who has taken it upon himself to niggle the great man after a humiliating hand-off in the 2010 Tri-Nations.

Cooper is now getting a reputation for this behaviour and refs who are able to adjudicate on off-the-ball-incidents better that Wayne Barnes will pick this up.

I suspect we'll hear more of this at the RWC.

B

Blob

Bill Young was a well coached structured cheat. His cheating partnership with Gregan was lgendary.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member

Or kick someone in the nuts from the ground?

Cutter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Great player, good leader and seems like a pretty good bloke. I've not met either, but based on what I've seen, I think I'd rather have a beer with Richie than Quade.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Great player, good leader and seems like a pretty good bloke. I've not met either, but based on what I've seen, I think I'd rather have a beer with Richie than Quade.

Are they the only two choices? What's Dan Vickerman doing?

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
I'd respect McCaw more if he didn't go around trying cheap shots and niggle on up and coming players like Quade Cooper.

Just cheapens the game. No place for it. So negative. Surely he's got something better to do?

J

Jay

I like McCaw, but sometimes I think he's just a bit too fair minded and easy going. I'd really like it if he could get a bit more competitive and perhaps start to push the envelope in terms of the breakdown.

M

Muttonbird

Cooper strikes me as the sort who would tweet all evening anyway.

T

tblackadder

as a player what i admire about him most is that he has played at a high level season after season

not many no 7s can boast that kind of record

especially as well he has dealt with various rule changes which affect the core of the no 7 game (more so than other positions) and stayed at the top of his game

i have some friends who have met him at the airfields around christchurch and they all say he is a good guy as well........

P

proton

hope he dont get injured playing the tongans......can u imagine NZ without him?
Yes another thread on Richie McCaw, but I'm not going to talk about him as a cheat, or a niggler of Quade Cooper. I just want to say that he is one of my favourite players and captains, and someone I have a huge amount of respect for (in fact he is probably the rugby player I respect the most - and that includes Australians).

Just wanted to get that out of the way before the World Cup starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.