• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 1 - Waratahs vs Hurricanes @ Brookvale - Saturday 16 February 2019

Rugby follower

Watty Friend (18)
Wow that was a shocker from the Waratahs , they had the opportunity to put the Canes to the sword. No 16 for Waratahs had a night to forget. Aus teams simply don’t know how to win, an U15 kicker would have knocked the last penalty over. Simply bloody awful although I should be careful The Reds didn’t play this weekend and are capable of producing something worse than this,

Reactions: dru

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
I feel somewhat insulted i paid $35 to watch some muppet get paid 750k a year to miss a kick a fucking under 12Cs kid would nail.

Fuck off Tahs.

I feel your pain.
But let's look at it from another angle. If Foley had kicked the goal and if we had held on to win, we would have mistakenly believed we were supporting a good team.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Canes were woeful tonight, still too good for us..

At least Winx is healthy, gives me something to look forward to for a few months.

Maybe for you. Some of us aren’t that enthused by horses running in a circle with angry ballerinas sitting on their back. Combine it with the ugly undercurrent of Australian gambling and the whole thing can get royally fucked in my opinion.

So can tonight’s game. What a fucking waste of my time. The Blues / Crusaders was about 15x more enjoyable, and that game seemed to have a script that made certain that the “good guys” won in the end.

What a shemozzle. I actually think we looked promising in the first half. Hanigan can fuck RIGHT off. I don’t care where he goes, as long as he’s gone. The bloke is a walking error machine. I’ve seen far too many turnovers from his ineffective cleanouts to want to see him in Tah blue again. Even his ACCENT annoys me. We get it mate - you’re from the country. Why don’t you do us all a favour and go back there. Surely there’s a horse willing to kick him for us.

Foley missing that kick was also inexcusable. The bloke seems to be low on confidence at the worst time possible. Ever heard of Quade Cooper? Christian Lealiifano? Better sort your act out m80 or you’ll be sitting out come the RWC. Jesus Christ. As my old man used to say: “I could’ve gotten that one”.

I thought Holloway, Hooper, Simmons, Kepu and Miller were good though. Everyone else was a mixed bag. Where’s Wells at the moment? We could’ve used his experience off the bench, instead of our legions of u23s.

It wasn’t even the real Hurricanes. They played their 14th string pack and had a fucking halfback playing at 10. They had so many injuries that not even Sam Lousi- the bloke that we let go - played due to injury.

Arghh!!!!!

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
Maybe for you. Some of us aren’t that enthused by horses running in a circle with angry ballerinas sitting on their back. Combine it with the ugly undercurrent of Australian gambling and the whole thing can get royally fucked in my opinion.

So can tonight’s game. What a fucking waste of my time. The Blues / Crusaders was about 15x more enjoyable, and that game seemed to have a script that made certain that the “good guys” won in the end.

What a shemozzle. I actually think we looked promising in the first half. Hanigan can fuck RIGHT off. I don’t care where he goes, as long as he’s gone. The bloke is a walking error machine. I’ve seen far too many turnovers from his ineffective cleanouts to want to see him in Tah blue again. Even his ACCENT annoys me. We get it mate - you’re from the country. Why don’t you do us all a favour and go back there. Surely there’s a horse willing to kick him for us.

Foley missing that kick was also inexcusable. The bloke seems to be low on confidence at the worst time possible. Ever heard of Quade Cooper? Christian Lealiifano? Better sort your act out m80 or you’ll be sitting out come the RWC. Jesus Christ. As my old man used to say: “I could’ve gotten that one”.

I thought Holloway, Hooper, Simmons, Kepu and Miller were good though. Everyone else was a mixed bag. Where’s Wells at the moment? We could’ve used his experience off the bench, instead of our legions of u23s.

It wasn’t even the real Hurricanes. They played their 14th string pack and had a fucking halfback playing at 10. They had so many injuries that not even Sam Lousi- the bloke that we let go - played due to injury.

Arghh!!!!!

Wells is playing sevens

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) pretty disappointing

Not sure why Beal was rested. Surely a rest later in the season makes sense.

Think the Brumbies policy of only resting Wobs on away games makes way more sense.

Really got to win the home games.. And that game was there to be won.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I’m not convinced Adam Ashley Cooper is up to Super Rugby anymore, might be a handy player to provide depth, but not sure he should be in the starting xv

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) pretty disappointing

Not sure why Beal was rested. Surely a rest later in the season makes sense.

Think the Brumbies policy of only resting Wobs on away games makes way more sense.

Really got to win the home games.. And that game was there to be won.
Gibson said in the half time interview they were playing a defensive centre pairing against the big centre runners of the Canes. In other words Beale can't defend for shit and sticking him next to Foley who can tackle but is as far from dominant as can be is asking to lose by multiples of 7.

Honestly I wouldn't lose any sleep if Beale was never seen again, I was very pleasantly surprised when he wasn't named and that actually spurred my interest even if he was replaced by a bloke who has no idea about a try line but can find plenty of other white lines, its still trading up in terms of behaviour.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Scrum actually better than I thought, disregarding the 3 penalties for early engagement. And the penalty early on their own put in, on attack was hash.

HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) had a good game.
Demspey also had huge work rate.

BIgz20

Stan Wickham (3)
Forwards quality of execution has been very inconsistent the last two years and seems the same problems havent been fixed..

Fitzpatrick needs to play longer minutes and simmons as well - once they went off LO fell to pieces.

no impact from bench

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
I am sure you will see Beale again. I am just hoping he has a 15 on his back. Folau made some poor decisions tonight. I like him on the wing.

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
Forwards quality of execution has been very inconsistent the last two years and seems the same problems havent been fixed..

Fitzpatrick needs to play longer minutes and simmons as well - once they went off LO fell to pieces.

no impact from bench

It is a massive problem but it comes down to the right recruitment. Big go forward forwards are needed but Gibson doesn't like that. Never has and never will. Buying one lock does not fix the problems.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Sometimes I think the best way to make the world a happier place would be to round up every Waratahs fan and toss them into the ocean.

Seriously, this thread is just insufferable misery. Y'all need to find a pastime you like, because you sure seem to hate rugby.

That was a game gone begging. To say this does not equate to I'm in insufferable misery and enjoy rugby.

AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) and Hunt came in a tin with writing on that tin. Claims of what was inside. I thought they produced completely to that claim. The Waratah defensive line was pretty tough tonight. Last year they were good at scoring. That is something they could have used.

Losing by 1 point when you have a chance clearly to change this before and after extra time? Seems to me a coaching thing. But it's 1 point. In extra time.

Foolish to write off the Tahs.

BTW Iceman was not the only 10 to miss kicks this weekend.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I’m not convinced Adam Ashley Cooper is up to Super Rugby anymore, might be a handy player to provide depth, but not sure he should be in the starting xv

He did OK last night, didn't look out of his depth and passed the ball!

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Well, we should have got that one, not because of the missed kick, more the lack of holding the ball and building pressure

Set piece was quite good, but we need to do better against the rush defenses