• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 14: Brumbies v Rebels Fri 24th 7.35PM @ GIO STADIUM

Rudderless

Cyril Towers (30)
1716123638372.png

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Friday 24 May 7:35 PM AEST – ACT Brumbies v Melbourne Rebels at GIO Stadium, Canberra, ad-free, live and on demand on Stan Sport

BRUMBIES (1-15):
James Slipper, Billy Pollard, Allan Ala'alatoa (c), Darcy Swain, Tom Hooper, Nick Frost, Jahrome Brown, Rob Valetini, Ryan Lonergan, Noah Lolesio, Corey Toole, Tamati Tua, Len Ikitau, Andy Muirhead, Tom Wright

RESERVES: Liam Bowron, Rhys van Nek, Sosefo Kautai, Cadeyrn Neville, Luke Reimer, Harrison Goddard, Jack Debreczeni, Ollie Sapsford

REBELS (1-15): Isaac Kailea, Jordan Uelese, Sam Talakai, Angelo Smith, Josh Canham, Rob Leota (c), Brad Wilkin, Vaiolini Ekuasi, Ryan Louwrens, Jake Strachan, Glen Vaihu, Nick Jooste, Filipo Daugunu, Darby Lancaster, Andrew Kellaway

RESERVES: Ethan Dobbins, Matt Gibbon, Taniela Tupou, Luke Callan, Maciu Nabolakasi, Tuaina Taii Tualima, James Tuttle, Mason Gordon

Referee: Angus Gardner

Assistant Referees: Matt Kellahan, Jordan Kaminski

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Didn't even realise baby Callan was with the squad.

Buggered without Gordon. Dog shot on him last game kept him down. If he was at 10 that's almost our best backline of the season. Has Proctor been the biggest flop signing? Maybe Maunder.

Will we get Lukhan back for the finals?

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
It's great to see Kellaway back, but yeah, it's a tough ask without CG.

Still, I remain optimistic...

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Few things to like: Vaihu + Lancaster wing pairing is fun, and Kailea, Tuttle and Kells back is good. Interesting to see Callan given an opportunity: he played against the axemen and on the Japan tour then disappeared from any formal or informal squads. Probably not too surprising given Maiava might have been the last non-front row forward standing

CG out makes the game extremely rough. Add that to Kemeny missing plus both Proctor and Mafi still absent and I can't see a positive result.

Happy

Alex Ross (28)
Billy Pollard back will help a lot I think. Glad to see Corey Toole named as well though I thought he might be in for Andy Muirhead and not Ollie Sapsford, who has been great. Muirhead did have a good game against the Crusaders.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Happy to see Toole back too.

Nervous for Kellaway to go up against Wright though, boys against men type stuff.
Toole and Muirhead on the wings may actually blunt Wright's game - he's looked his best this year with Sapsford there to give him a few more options at the back and take some of the pressure off.

whitefalcon

Bob Loudon (25)
Billy Pollard back will help a lot I think. Glad to see Corey Toole named as well though I thought he might be in for Andy Muirhead and not Ollie Sapsford, who has been great. Muirhead did have a good game against the Crusaders.
Sapsford providers a lot of cover from the bench and Andy has been pretty good of late.

Beattie

Frank Nicholson (4)
How is Carter out? He come back on after his HIA testing protocols in last game. If Carter was in I would’ve backed the Rebels for the win.

AFL_Converted

Ted Thorn (20)
I'm thinking of watching this one from the city. I know lots of people have their fav location in CBD and I've been to most of them but I was thinking of supporting our sponsors and going to Bell. Anybody watched the game from there? If so what's the atmosphere like?

Alex Sharpe

Chris McKivat (8)
Can anyone recommend a pub in Sydney around the Surry Hills/Paddington area that usually puts the Super Rugby on and will probably be playing this game? I have ventured north up the Hume for the weekend but don't want to miss my weekly dose of Brumbs

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Brums v Rebels in Sydney on a Friday.... There's a joint on the corner of Moore Park Rd and Driver Ave, Moore Park. Don't know if they can afford Stan Sport though.

Winghaus Moore Park use to have a fair bit of the Rugby on. Otherwise it's sports bars in the CBD or Irish pubs are the best chance.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Keg and Brew or Clocks might be a chance. Both pubs are always my hangout before an SFS game.

Yoda

Charlie Fox (21)
Sound is off now after listening to Tim Horan crapping on. God he’s a poor commentator.