• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 14: Brumbies v Rebels Fri 24th 7.35PM @ GIO STADIUM

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Horan seriously just suggested the answer for the Rebels was “Daugunu putting a few grubbers behind the Brumbies defenders”
Brumbies defenders are rushing up out wide, kicking behind is a pretty common tactic against rushing defence to keep the defenders honest….

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Not a bad half of footy.. Brumbies forwards too good, straight through the middle. Was Slippery injured?

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
Brumbies showing their class over the last 10 in that half. They are a good team. Forwards a step above what the Rebels can deal with

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
Don't think he cares if you like him.. There was a bit of a late challenge (totally fine) and he rolled the ball at him giving a bit of niggle back..nothing in it
Of course he doesn't care what some bloke with feet for hands says in an obscure corner of the internet - I just don't like it when players act like arrogant clowns, particularly when they're up / after they've scored. Doesn't do much to quell his reputation of being prone to an occasional brain snap either

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Anyone interested in playing skills rather than brain snaps will acknowledge the wide gap between Tom Wright and Andrew Kellaway at fullback so far this game.
I tend to agree, but the Brumbies forwards have man handled the Rebels so the platforms much better

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Anyone interested in playing skills rather than brain snaps will acknowledge the wide gap between Tom Wright and Andrew Kellaway at fullback so far this game.
NSW certainly produces good players. Keeping them is our problem. Wright certainly having the better night out but as Tom says he has a much better platform to work from. I’d have them both in the team at 14 & 15.

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
Wright's playing very well, and has done all season - hence my comment about him making himself hard to like, because I do want to.