• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 16 - Reds vs Waratahs - Saturday 2 June - 7:45pm @ Suncorp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
Genuine question - does the rule actually refer to hands up or hands down.

Simmons was no chance of catching that. I thought he was lucky not to be carded.

My understanding is it needs to be a 'try scoring opportunity' to be a card.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)

Simmons was no chance of catching that. I thought he was lucky not to be carded.

It's if you have a chance to regather it so it is judged on how far away it lands from you when it hits the ground. They've changed it or clarified it recently so it's nothing to do with hand position anymore. It's a card if it stopped a line break opportunity (who knows how they judge that consistently).

Reactions: TSR

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Izzy genius from the restart sets up the 5m scrum, then just pretty good play getting over the advantage line with quick ball for the try

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Gee, Clark knows how to find the line. Beautiful set play off the lineout.
Edit - maybe not.............

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Both sides playing territory. Or at least Reds trying to play territory. Stuff up on exit, yadda yadda try Tahs

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Scrum, Robertson giving Tupou a handful. Call that one equals. Which means, yes Robertson scrumming is better than it used to be.

southsider

Arch Winning (36)

Hahaha as if he wasn’t, if he had dove instead of trying to stay on his feet and regathered he would have got to it, it was only just out of his reach. If he had had slightly softer hands he would’ve regathered it easy

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Good sequence of phases put together there by the Tahs. Some stinging Reds defence too. It's a good game.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Red D invites someone good enough to go wide. Tahs via Naiyavoro good enough.

Both Stewart and Sorovi defending the big bloke. Poorly. 15 no better

R12 T 21

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Tahs over again and this time it's awarded. Too easy at the moment, going through phase after phase makeing good.metres and a top finish by the big winger for the 5 points

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.