• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 16 - Reds vs Waratahs - Saturday 2 June - 7:45pm @ Suncorp

Status
Not open for further replies.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Can anyone explain the penalty against Rodda at the ruck just a minute ago? Phipps had picked the ball up so he can play at the scrum half can’t he? I’m not saying the call was wrong, I just don’t understand it.

Rodda came through the ruck but not through the middle. Can he take the halfback from the side? I'm not sure on this but I don't begrudge the penalty.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Oh wow, ok maybe I didn’t explain myself.

He goes for the ball

Tips it up like he did

Instead of running and trying regather the ball and keep running, he runs and dives for the ball as it comes down as his body length id very much hope is bigger than his wingspan
Ok. I don’t think that’s how it happened at all, but happy to move on.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Can anyone explain the penalty against Rodda at the ruck just a minute ago? Phipps had picked the ball up so he can play at the scrum half can’t he? I’m not saying the call was wrong, I just don’t understand it.

He's on the ground, so can't play the ball; slapping it out of the half's hands has been penalised for ages. He's not trying to tackle the player. Some combination of those, I'm guessing.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)

Was it a deliberate knockdown? He wasn't in a 'position to regather' nor was it a line break opportunity so that's my best guess...

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Cracking half from these teams. Plenty of good footy played, exciting, skillful - what's not to like?

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
He's on the ground, so can't play the ball; slapping it out of the half's hands has been penalised for ages. He's not trying to tackle the player. Some combination of those, I'm guessing.

^^^ or what he said. Which is kinda the same thing...

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Where the HELL is Marto. Commentary needs a calm balanced input.

Should just dump play-by-play Clarke for this one and have had Kearns and Mardo call it. Can't even imagine what that would sound like for a NSWF vs QNLD match. Just 2 guys addressing their constituents and following their agendas without ever even acknowledging the other guys presence even though the prick is sitting right fucken next to them.

Will Genia, now there's a bloke who'd make a fantastic commentator.

Isaia Toeava would be an abject disaster

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Should just dump play-by-play Clarke for this one and have had Kearns and Mardo call it. Can't even imagine what that would sound like for a NSWF vs QNLD match. Just 2 guys addressing their constituents and following their agendas without ever even acknowledging the others presence even though the prick is sitting right fucken next to them.

Except by half time it would be a tsunami of spittle, and end with............
Unknown.jpg

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Hooper has been quiet, but making ballsy decisions.

Tuopou having a blinder, I think so is BPA.

Reds were teargeting Floey early on, it bnacked of, but with that in mind he is playing well, hurts to say it>

Reds halves dping well-ish. Not as good in attack as the Tahs but they actually defend. Petai having moments. Likewise Rona and Folau.

Reds letting tahs play a wide scrambling game which is opening their D.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Should just dump play-by-play Clarke for this one and have had Kearns and Mardo call it. Can't even imagine what that would sound like for a NSWF vs QNLD match. Just 2 guys addressing their constituents and following their agendas without ever even acknowledging the other guys presence even though the prick is sitting right fucken next to them.

There was conjecture of fists between the ref team. But I like your plan better.

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
Reds just need to deny the Waratahs any ball. Their forwards are more than enough to battle through against the Waratahs pack and it's pretty hard for the Waratahs to score if they don't have any ball.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
It was almost physically impossible for it to be fine.
And contrary to horan’s claim it was forward viewed in real time and slomo had nothing to do with it.
Is there any level of oz rugby that isn’t infected with nepotism?
God knows how Simmons keeps, say, Phillip out of the Wobblies squad.

IS have another look and really look at the camera angle and the cross lines. I'll shut up if you still think it was more thann flat.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Stewart moved sideways to clear the ball in a ruck with player weight on him. What more was he meant to do to roll?

<grr> while I'm bitch'n Phipps score 2 min from kick off

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Reds just need to deny the Waratahs any ball. Their forwards are more than enough to battle through against the Waratahs pack and it's pretty hard for the Waratahs to score if they don't have any ball.
I reckon the reds have the better players they just don’t have any experience and as a result they lose concentration and letbPhipps score.
Think tahs might clear out now.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Stewart moved sideways to clear the ball in a ruck with player weight on him. What more was he meant to do to roll?

<grr> while I'm bitch'n Phipps score 2 min from kick off
Pretty clever by Simmons there. Placed the ball right where Stewart would most impact it. Don't end up there as a defender is all you can really do

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.