• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 18: Waratahs v Sunwolves, Saturday 7:15 AET, SFS

Status
Not open for further replies.

K974

Allen Oxlade (6)
Absolute joke shop of a Comp super rugby now is
It's killing The wallabies
10yrs time , the wallabies won't be able compete with European team if this isnt changed

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Absolute joke shop of a Comp super rugby now is
It's killing The wallabies
10yrs time , the wallabies won't be able compete with European team if this isnt changed

The European team must be good. Is that the Lions + the best of France and Italy?

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Real shame he is off just when he is playing his best footy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yep he would be in for wallaby selection for sure if he was not going.....offers something no other winger can which is Jonah Lomu type bustling winger play that you always know going to be hard to stop him when got head off steam up.....

K974

Allen Oxlade (6)
The European team must be good. Is that the Lions + the best of France and Italy?

You know what I mean
And your smart enough to see the trend
Your telling me that abolsute waste of time rubbish is a proving ground for wallabies
The Comp is a farce, it's dud. It's no longer fit for purpose
And if something isn't done the wallabies decline will continue

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
You know what I mean
Your telling me that abolsute waste of time rubbish is a proving ground for wallabies

Don't think many people would disagree that Super Rugby is flawed. The Australian teams and the Wallabies have improved though this year so not sure about the validity of "the wallabies decline will continue."

K974

Allen Oxlade (6)
Don't think many people would disagree that Super Rugby is flawed. The Australian teams and the Wallabies have improved though this year so not sure about the validity of "the wallabies decline will continue."

Yes they have improved some what , but the longer term trend
Fox sports have to hype everything, can't say anything critical
That game just shows what a joke the super Comp has become
It used be the worldwide benchmark
There is no where near enough must win games , test rugby is must win and there is no substitute for that expierence . Comps that reward teams making finals and losing a heap of games is a waste of time

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
You know what I mean
The Kiwis seem not to be suffering from playing in it, and theoretically they are challenged the least.

K974

Allen Oxlade (6)
The Kiwis seem not to be suffering from playing in it, and theoretically they are challenged the least.

True but they are the exception . Heaps of reasons why , we the rest the chasing pack need to make sure everything feeds into our nationals teams , and super rugby as it is is hindering the wallabies
Maybe that's a one off game and I'm over reacting My opinion only

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)

I'd go as far as to say that there hasn't been all that much between the Aus and NZ teams this season. It's been pretty close for the most part. Much improved from last season.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
True but they are the exception . Heaps of reasons why , we the rest the chasing pack need to make sure everything feeds into our nationals teams , and super rugby as it is is hindering the wallabies
The Tahs ran several Kiwi teams very close including the Crusaders at home. Much better than previous years. Overall the Aus teams have been better than previous years compared to Kiwi teams. They had a lot of ground to make up. Super rugby has issues, but thus far this year, Aus teams and the Wallabies have looked fitter and better. Not worse. Hard to say it’s a negative from the Wallabies POV.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Geez red is a bit harsh
Had to be red. He took a yellow card tackle then continued to drive his head into the ground. Was really dangerous. If he had just let him go and ceased adding force would have only been yellow.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
You know what I mean
The team that is likely to finish second vs the team that will finish last and spent the second half with 14 or 13 players?

Seems like a good game to judge the competition on.

It was close until half time.

Reactions: TSR

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Had to be red. He took a yellow card tackle then continued to drive his head into the ground. Was really dangerous. If he had just let him go and ceased adding force would have only been yellow.

Tend to agree having seen it replayed, it’s more losing a man for the rest of the game that is the real blow. Didn’t think there was any malice but pretty dumb to lift players these days

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Is there ever much malice? His problem was he didn't pull out once it had obviously gone wrong.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Now I think about it South Africa have improved this season as well, at least at a national level, and the Jaguares have also been great. Hell, even the Sunwolves have been competitive, this argument about the competition leading to declining performances doesn’t really stack up.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Now I think about it South Africa have improved this season as well, at least at a national level, and the Jaguares have also been great. Hell, even the Sunwolves have been competitive, this argument about the competition leading to declining performances doesn’t really stack up.

Sunwolves have been a lot more competitive this season. They still struggle on the road but they've actually won games this season and have had several respectable losses.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Is there ever much malice? His problem was he didn't pull out once it had obviously gone wrong.

No, not in a lifting tackle. I just think it’s easier to stomach a red when someone’s done something maliciously like striking or a tackle off the ball. Although I guess everyone knows that a red card is likely for that sort of lifting tackle and players should be smart enough to avoid them.

Status
Not open for further replies.