• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 2: Chiefs v Brumbies - 3 March 2024

Wilson

David Codey (61)
I’d argue that’s a fair call - except they need to call it consistently. Can understand Lonergan being pissed at that call.
Always sucks to be the first to cop the slap on the wrist as they change and enforce these, but it was at the pace it should be at. Hopefully it's a competition wide directive we'll see more of

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Always sucks to be the first to cop the slap on the wrist as they change and enforce these, but it was at the pace it should be at. Hopefully it's a competition wide directive we'll see more of
I’d love it if the refs policed it properly. I have no issue with the timing, just that every half back does it, often for longer and I think it’s honestly the first time I can remember it being called.

Speaking of actually calling things - we often get frustrated about the lack of disciple in Aussie teams (and fair enough). But it’s a bit frustrating watching the Chiefs infringe left, right and centre at the breakdown and just given free rein. I get that you always get away with more of you are on top and playing with tempo but, to me, one is directly related to the other. The are getting a lot of pay off the lack of disciple in the breakdown.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
I’d love it if the refs policed it properly. I have no issue with the timing, just that every half back does it, often for longer and I think it’s honestly the first time I can remember it being called.

Speaking of actually calling things - we often get frustrated about the lack of disciple in Aussie teams (and fair enough). But it’s a bit frustrating watching the Chiefs infringe left, right and centre at the breakdown and just given free rein. I get that you always get away with more of you are on top and playing with tempo but, to me, one is directly related to the other. The are getting a lot of pay off the lack of disciple in the breakdown.
I just don't agree. The Chiefs are playing with pace and accuracy and Doleman is letting the game flow. The Brumbies aren't hard done by here and if they want to start getting some play they need to start putting some stiffer shoulders on in defence. Losing the contact is killing them there.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Anaemic compared to the intensity the Tahs brought last night. I don’t even think the Chiefs have been that great.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Not sure what Sapsford was trying for there, just a waste of possession.

forwards like Reimer were sitting out on the wing during that passage, leaving the backs to trick it up through the middle channel.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I just don't agree. The Chiefs are playing with pace and accuracy and Doleman is letting the game flow. The Brumbies aren't hard done by here and if they want to start getting some play they need to start putting some stiffer shoulders on in defence. Losing the contact is killing them there.
The Chiefs tempo is formidable and the Brumbies have struggled with their handling and their lineout. They are missing tackles they need to make and it will take its toll the longer the game goes. So I’m not saying the ref is deciding the game at all. I just think the Chiefs are also getting away with a bit which is helping their cause.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
The Chiefs tempo is formidable and the Brumbies have struggled with their handling and their lineout. They are missing tackles they need to make and it will take its toll the longer the game goes. So I’m not saying the ref is deciding the game at all. I just think the Chiefs are also getting away with a bit which is helping their cause.

+1

griffins

Bill Watson (15)
Brums look flustered across the board. Halftime hopefully gives them a chance to compose themselves. Flying at DMac doesn't seem to be working, probably need to give that a spell and go back to holding their line and making the chiefs work harder to find space.

Need to shelve the cutouts in attack as well, that space is fool's gold.