• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 2 - Force vs Reds, NIB Stadium, 2nd March @ 6:30pm (AWST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
This thread is for discussing this match only

The Rules
  1. Do not give scores for any other match from this round until 24 hours after the last game!
  2. Do not discuss other matches in detail.
  3. Good hearted banter is encouraged but trolling is not allowed.
  4. Be respectful to posters, players, coaches and match officials.

Breaches of the rules will be handled by the Mod Team.

Last Thursday night game for the year.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
That's an 8:30pm AEST kick off for those QLDers playing along at home.

Reds with a short turnaround and Force with an even shorter one. If we can jag a win in Perth it gives us plenty of time to get home and work out how we will beat the Crusaders at Suncorp and go 3-3 before our round the world trip.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Only 2 positions that COULD be justifiably changed (although I think Stiles will retain the starters from last week)

That would be Frisby and Moore. They'll probably have crackers this week.

Sef will return to cover LHP and the Thor to be cover at THP

This will be a tough match

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
The Force are always tough opponents for us for some reason.
I doubt they'll make any unforced changes to last week. Building a consistent first XV is the best way forward but Frisby should definitely be on notice that he will be hooked if he doesn't step up.
I doubt he'll play like that two weeks in a row but.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I don't think there will be any changes other than Tupou coming onto the bench.

I wouldn't mind seeing Perese over CK.

I also have concerns that Quade was injured. Seemed to be effected by something late. We will see.

Neither Frisby nor Moore will be dropped I wouldn't imagine.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Would love to see the Reds (and every other Aussie franchise) publish THEIR statistics on players, runs, distance travelled in a game, tackles, misses etc etc.
Would possibly add another dimension to players performances (for supporters anyway - the coaches already have that information)

Current stats bureaus are pretty average

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I also have concerns that Quade was injured. Seemed to be effected by something late. We will see.

I think Biggsy it was in the match thread said that Quade went down holding his knee in the lead up to the Tuttle try perhaps? Hopefully it's fine.

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
Would love to see the Reds (and every other Aussie franchise) publish THEIR statistics on players, runs, distance travelled in a game, tackles, misses etc etc.
Would possibly add another dimension to players performances (for supporters anyway - the coaches already have that information)

Vodacom Rugby seems to be the best of a bad bunch. Any better sources out there?

T

TOCC

Yes teams already have this, but they have more to lose then they do to gain by publishing them, it highlights weaknesses in the team, either through poor fitness, handling or tackling. Teams will do their own analysis of one another and make their own assessments, but they don't need to hand it to their opposition on a silver platter.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
Yes teams already have this, but they have more to lose then they do to gain by publishing them, it highlights weaknesses in the team, either through poor fitness, handling or tackling. Teams will do their own analysis of one another and make their own assessments, but they don't need to hand it to their opposition on a silver platter.

I'm pretty sure Bill Young who does capture these types of match stats said (on a G&GR podcast like a year or so ago) that after the game they exchange the data. So, if the Sharks had a data collector, they'd exchange it with the Reds and vice versa.

The data is all there to be collected, with such short turn around periods it makes sense for teams to not 're-invent the wheel' so to speak and just co-operate in this endeavour.

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
Paper today said Quade hurt his knee but will be fit for the weekend. Only in doubt currently is Simmons with a cork which may not be such a bad thing - One of Rodda or Neville to start and the other on the bench presumably.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Paper today said Quade hurt his knee but will be fit for the weekend. Only in doubt currently is Simmons with a cork which may not be such a bad thing - One of Rodda or Neville to start and the other on the bench presumably.

Stop hogging all the locks.

You've got: Simmons, Douglas, Neville, Rodda and Tui.

The Rebels have got Jimmy from Melbourne Grammar's under 14 Bs AFL and the Wallabies number eight there.

Very jealous at your depth in that position.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)

The Rebels have got Jimmy from Melbourne Grammar's under 14 Bs AFL and the Wallabies number eight there.

Jimmy has good vertical leap at least.

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
It's difficult for me but I hope that the Force play bloody well, if not win. They have 2 games left before the SANZAAR meeting it would be nice to show that they can take down one of the better sides on paper and illustrate the value of having 5 teams worth of opportunities for professional players.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
It's difficult for me but I hope that the Force play bloody well, if not win. They have 2 games left before the SANZAAR meeting it would be nice to show that they can take down one of the better sides on paper and illustrate the value of having 5 teams worth of opportunities for professional players.

I assume they are being considered because of where they play and support, not the talent of the players.
Splitting the team among the other franchises could improve the four remaining teams.

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)

If you like our depth at lock, wait til you see our backrow stocks! :eek:

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)

Funnily enough I found myself cheering for the Force over the Tahs on the weekend.

Why? I've always liked an underdog I suppose, but I have faith that even if the Tahs lose their first two, I'm sure they can go on to win more than they lose and be in a good spot come the end of the season.

If the Force lose their first 3 or 4 then confidence will be shot and I'm not sure they'll have a great season.

If they can take some victories and confidence early, then I think this Force 23 could ask some serious questions this season.

I'm really liking the mongrel of the pack and the balance of the backline.

So sorry Queenslanders (who am I kidding? I'm not sorry) - Carn the Force!

Status
Not open for further replies.