• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 2 - Sunwolves vs Waratahs @ 3.15pm AEDST

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
Throw the ball around hope for the best, not go forward, no structure, rubbish kicking and another drop ball

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Switched back to see FT score. Actually kinda disappointed the Sunwolves didnt get up in the end. Tahs played very ordinary. I thought the Sunwolves scrum, breakdown work, & tackling was very good.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Gee, don’t mind Parker having a crack to win it, but I reckon he should have given his forwards a bit more time. They weren’t having problems making inroads.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
And a decent head coach, go forward, a clue

Coaching has an impact but the biggest factor are the players. Trying to do the fancy stuff when just the fundamentals would get the job done. Far too many one handed carries in and around the contact. Particularly forwards not working around the corner hard enough. Preferring to lumber over. Yes, the Sunwolves brought their A game today but that shouldn't be an excuse for poor discipline around skills.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ DG was the right call & if you give the forwards more time you run the risk of running out of time or getting too far wide of the posts. Correct call but poorly executed even allowing for the breeze.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
otherwise, fine.

The most disappointing thing is that they are trying to do the fancy stuff but seem to lack the foundation skills to execute them at the level required. Kepu break in the 1st half was indicative of it. Loose one handed carry when he either tuck it under his arm or put it in two hands and look for support.

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
Coaching has an impact but the biggest factor are the players. Trying to do the fancy stuff when just the fundamentals would get the job done. Far too many one handed carries in and around the contact. Particularly forwards not working around the corner hard enough. Preferring to lumber over. Yes, the Sunwolves brought their A game today but that shouldn't be an excuse for poor discipline around skills.

The game plan and poor recruitment is on Gibson

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Well close game - but to be honest quality was not great so I did some chores in between watching it. Tahs escaped a banana skin but hard to see them not propping up the bottom of oz teams in oz conference. As Brumbies have stronger roster, Reds look the real deal and Rebels should only be stronger after another year together on what was already very strong roster only strengthened further with key recruitments like Quade and To'omua.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
^ DG was the right call & if you give the forwards more time you run the risk of running out of time or getting too far wide of the posts. Correct call but poorly executed even allowing for the breeze.
I get what you’re saying - but the attempt was rushed. Should have gone for another phase or two at least to hold the defence, even if they didn’t push for the try/penalty.

At least that’s what I would have done from my armchair.