• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 4: Hurricanes v Waratahs, Friday 17th March

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Those people who thought a Top Four spot was an easy target for the Waratahs were abruptly brought back to earth after the loss to the Rebels and the realisation that the next three weeks could leave us 1 from 6 after the bye (roughly the half way point of the season). The Hurricanes suffered a narrow loss to the Blues last weekend, and with Ardie Savea back and home ground advantage, it will require a huge form turnaround to even be competitive.
So what can DC and the Tahs do this week to change the outlook?

Last edited:

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Those people who thought a Top Four spot was an easy target for the Waratahs were abruptly brought back to earth after the loss to the Rebels and the realisation that the next three weeks could leave us 1 from 6 after the bye (roughly the half way point of the season). The Hurricanes suffered a narrow loss to the ladder-leading Chiefs last weekend, and with Ardie Savea back and home ground advantage, it will require a huge form turnaround to even be competitive.
I largely agree with your points, but the hurricanes lost to the Blues, not the chiefs.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Those people who thought a Top Four spot was an easy target for the Waratahs were abruptly brought back to earth after the loss to the Rebels and the realisation that the next three weeks could leave us 1 from 6 after the bye (roughly the half way point of the season). The Hurricanes suffered a narrow loss to the ladder-leading Chiefs last weekend, and with Ardie Savea back and home ground advantage, it will require a huge form turnaround to even be competitive.
Play less shit would be a good start

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Looking forward to this one as a Cane's man. I still think Tahs aren't a bad team and suspect they may come back a bit pissed off after Friday's game, and may want to make us pay! I hope that Holland doesn't pick this week to rest ABs (mainly JB or Lomax), hoping he figures next week against MP (Moana Pasifika) is time to do it.

Last edited:

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
E1143D81-6C67-4039-8D64-CA480414357C.jpeg

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Obviously Pietch is still not ready, so that's about the best backline available. But Nadolo covering for Jorgensen, who needs maximum help this week, is the stuff of nightmares.
I'd have swapped Vailanu and Latu, but I see the logic of keeping Latu to protect the two youngling props. I must have missed Te Tetera Faulkner's injury too.
Gamble for Swinton is a no-brainer, Swinton is not yet even close to his pre-injury form and Charlie was on fire in round one.

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
Good to see Donaldson is getting a crack at 10 and Jorgenson at 15, Nadolo on the wing again looks risky though. Still no Porecki is a blow.
I guess Pietsch still out is why Nadolo is there… he will be targeted no doubt.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
I think that's probably the best side we can put together for this one. As has been said, Nadolo starting really worries me, would probably have preferred to see Wilson or Tuipulotu in his place (perhaps at 13 with Perese to the wing until he regains some form).
One from three, and missing Bell, Porecki, Holtz, Holloway, Harrison, Peitsch and Beale is probably not the way any Tahs fan envisaged things looking this early in the season, let's just hope those selected are able to step up and get one against the odds.