• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 4: Waratahs v Brumbies- Saturday 18 March 7:45pm AEDT, Allianz Stadium, Sydney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
The conditions probably suited the Brumbies more than the Waratahs and had the better kicking in a game where you didnt want to have the ball to make a mistake from.

I reckon Holloway's grab on Fardy turned the game and getting the try instead of the 3 showed their intent.

Speight's tries were very good and the double kick one was top notch and probably MOTM. Fardy was a ruck pest but that yellow would have kept him from getting it.

Hooper says they only need to fix their set piece but the Kuridrani try was a poor miss from Phipps so might need to tighten that up before they face the Rebels next week.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Hey Mr Doug,

Did you know who Hugh was in real life?

That may help with your pursuit of him.

Fairly high up in the rugby circles.

William88, no I didn't.

Hugh and I have had some great one on one "banter" over the years, and now I'm concerned that you used the word "was"!
Perhaps you could enlighten me.?!

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
screen1_zpsxonjudlk.jpg

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
The conditions probably suited the Brumbies more than the Waratahs and had the better kicking in a game where you didnt want to have the ball to make a mistake from.

I reckon Holloway's grab on Fardy turned the game and getting the try instead of the 3 showed their intent.

Speight's tries were very good and the double kick one was top notch and probably MOTM. Fardy was a ruck pest but that yellow would have kept him from getting it.

Hooper says they only need to fix their set piece but the Kuridrani try was a poor miss from Phipps so might need to tighten that up before they face the Rebels next week.
I have not rated Speight over the years but his tries tonight were very good.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
I have not rated Speight over the years but his tries tonight were very good.

Agree he's battled to make the step up to Wallabies level but he has scored some good tries in this fixture over the years including this one from 2012.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Good hard win to the Brumbies to keep them at the top of the conference. Fardy again showed that he is the best, perhaps the only international level No 6 in Aus . McMahon is really a No 7 imo.

Henry Speight MOTM for me and not just for his two tries which were both crackers. Joe Powell caught the eye again also, but as many will tell me he is playing behind a dominant scrum.

In game conditions not conducive to attacking backline play, not much between Kuridrani and Folau in the battle of the 13s. Tahs really need to toughen up in the forwards if they want to make a mark in the competition.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Good hard win to the Brumbies to keep them at the top of the conference. Fardy again showed that he is the best, perhaps the only international level No 6 in Aus . McMahon is really a No 7 imo.

Henry Speight MOTM for me and not just for his two tries which were both crackers. Joe Powell caught the eye again also, but as many will tell me he is playing behind a dominant scrum.

In game conditions not conducive to attacking backline play, not much between Kuridrani and Folau in the battle of the 13s. Tahs really need to toughen up in the forwards if they want to make a mark in the competition.
Tonight's match reminded me how it would be hard to see brumbies go as they have consistently been one of the better super rugby sides to watch for the quality of their Rigby.

bigmac

Billy Sheehan (19)
you like what the tahs are doing?
Thought the tahs piggied were ok with skelton on the paddock. Once he came off the forwards wilted badly. I have been a critic but Skelton looked like our best forward tonight.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Is it just me or has the tahs become so uninspiring under Gibson. In contrast I think larkham has shown to get much more out of his cattle as brumbies I though had a weak squad this year but as a team played well in all games or at least been the more consistent out of the oz sides.

I'm no fan of the Brumbies style of play, but they do it well and it's quite effective. On the available evidence they'll win the Aussie conference.

Aside from the handling errors, I can't believe how many times Waratah players had to either slow down or prop to receive a pass as the pass was behind them. Sometimes the receiver was too flat, sometimes it was a poor pass and sometimes both. And the continual loss of possession in contact whenever we started to mount any pressure.

This is going to be another very disappointing year for the Waratahs and Aussie rugby in general IMO.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Rebels would have to fancy themselves to take the Tahs next week and if I was a betting man I would not be necessarily betting on a Tahs win. Bit on the fence who could win this one.

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
Well Gibson said that things would be up for review and of course nothing changed. The people who should be up for review is the coaching staff. How could everything fall apart so quickly under Gibson and co? The players look lost, the game plan doesn't exist and the Tahs are going backwards. If the CEO doesn't act and tap Gibson on the shoulder and tell him to go then the season is done.

Well done to the Brumbies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Rebels would have to fancy themselves to take the Tahs next week and if I was a betting man I would not be necessarily betting on a Tahs win. Bit on the fence who could win this one.

From what I saw from both teams this weekend, I'd say there's little doubt the Rebels ought to be very warm favourites. I admit I did not see all the Tahs game (thankfully, it seems) but what I saw was deplorable. Apart from a limp forward display, Hegarty and Simone look like this guy in stereo in terms of the combination.
200.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.