• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 5 - Brumbies v Reds GIO 18/3

Confucius Say

Arch Winning (36)
6B25E415-B4C4-4AF1-8923-ADE5A75C4DC6.jpeg

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Cracking game. Congrats Brumbs. Too good.

Disappointed to lose. Reds had their chances. Generally very happy with how the Reds played though. Lineout and discipline our every lasting Achilles heel but gee there was a lot to like.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I sort of enjoyed that as a neutral. It was great in the moments between a series of tired penalties.

And despite blowing his arse off he misses the match defining infringement. Maybe he ran out of gas?

I thought the Reds backrow kept them in that almost alone. Uru, McReight and Wilson were all involved in everything good from the Reds.

drewprint

John Solomon (38)
Disappointed but overall feeling pretty good. On paper we should’ve gone down by far more. I thought they’d run through us in the second half. But we stayed in there and couldve (should’ve maybe? Ahem Iona?) pinched it at the end.

Good tough tight game. Thought McReight and Wilson were excellent from a Reds perspective.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Some other obs:
Noah looked much better than OConnor
Swain loves a cynical infringement
Samu wasn't very effective, doesn't really play like an 8.
Petaia should put his Tuqiri step away and just hit the line.
Wright is looking deadly at the moment

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Gee it’s a shame Frost is going OS. Just getting better and better.
Agreed. These are the players that you hate to loose.

... you can see why Dean's would target him... he has that real team player, Brumbies/Crusaders system style of play.

Confucius Say

Arch Winning (36)
What is the point of the hooker been given the line out mark when every time he stepped towards his team before throwing? Not policed.