• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 5 - Brumbies v Reds GIO 18/3

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Gee I wish the commentators could stop sprucing shite over the top of an important ref chat.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Commentator doesn't, but I do. Mind that. Not a card before a warning for a team penalty.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Absolutely - Swain new exactly what he was doing. Ran a mile offside fo get Wilson early.

Gee Wilson did some good work in the lead up to that.

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
Absolutely - Swain new exactly what he was doing. Ran a mile offside fo get Wilson early.

Gee Wilson did some good work in the lead up to that.
He literally tackled Wilson from behind. It was absolutely cynical and needed to go

dru

Tim Horan (67)
He literally tackled Wilson from behind. It was absolutely cynical and needed to go

Yes cynical. But the ref called from three advantages in a row as a team penalty, as I heard anyway. Surely you have to give a warning. He never called it cynical.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I feel like I'm watching a French ref in this game. Murphy is all over the shop.

No, I don't think that is it. He wants the game played in a way, that the niggle between the two teams isn't allowing. I think we might enjoy the game that he wants to see as well.

The result isn't pretty at the moment though.

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
Yes cynical. But the ref called from three advantages in a row as a team penalty, as I heard anyway. Surely you have to give a warning. He never called it cynical.
Surely they don’t need to be warned that multiple penalties in a row on the line is approaching card territory?

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Why do you have to give a warning? Everyone knows repeated infringements in your own 22 is a yellow.

Edit: except the Kiwis, to which the rule does not apply.