• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 5 - Brumbies v Reds GIO 18/3

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I'm not sure about that chats with the props. Up to now, it has been physical with compete determination to get over the opposition - but friendly. Felt like the chat just removed friendly with spite.
I dunno, I feel it looks like both front rows are more interested in tricking the other front row into a penalty rather then actual scrummaging. They’re pulling back on the engage, pushing early and dropping binds to collapse the front row. Hasn’t been much actual scrummaging.

After he had that chat both front rows actually stayed up.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Valetini is having his worst game of the year. Better than average noted, but not his standard.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I know a lot of the players are chatting and I know there was some barbs thrown in the lead up, but it all actually looks pretty friendly to me.

Looks like the players are just loving the contest and enjoying every bit of it.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Not sure you can collapse a maul when the balls already gone
Not before the jumper is grounded. It is a Brumby art where they confuse the mind of the ref as to starting the maul drive before the jumper is down - defenders held responsible. It's also dangerous.