• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 5: Rebels v Tahs - Friday 19/3, AAMI Park, 7:45pm AEDT

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
He was one of our best players last game.

I thought he was just busy. It could have something to do with the red wine I was drinking and less to do with his play. Will be keen to see how he goes tonight.

Ballboy

Chris McKivat (8)
Ili needs to stand up and be counted this week, as far as far as i have seen he has just been making up the numbers , ok in defence but needs to be another threat in attack

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
For me Ramm over Anderson (Maddocks will be marking Koro) and the Tahs back row. Full stop.

If you were doing it strictly man on man then maybe, but if you were to select the strongest XV from the 2 sides I'd go something like:

1. HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) (WAR)
2. Hanson (REB)
3. Pone (REB)
4. Cummins (REB)
5. Hosea (REB)
6. Swinton (WAR)
7. Tizzano (WAR)
8. Dempsey (WAR)
9. Powell (REB)
10. Harrison (WAR)
11. Koroibete (REB)
12. To'omua (REB)
13. Hodge (REB)
14. Ramm (WAR)
15. Maddocks (WAR)

7 v 8

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
If you were doing it strictly man on man then maybe, but if you were to select the strongest XV from the 2 sides I'd go something like:

2. Hanson (REB)
3. Pone (REB)
4. Cummins (REB)
5. Hosea (REB)
6. Swinton (WAR)
7. Tizzano (WAR)
8. Dempsey (WAR)
9. Powell (REB)
10. Harrison (WAR)
11. Koroibete (REB)
12. To'omua (REB)
13. Hodge (REB)
14. Ramm (WAR)
15. Maddocks (WAR)

7 v 8

Good team

I personally think its the mid tier players in each side where the difference is.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
A head to head matchup of the 23’s and only Tizzano and maybe Dempsey would be in a combined side. This is beyond a foregone conclusion.

? Where do you rate Harrison. And Ramm and Naiwaqanitawase?

Harrison is the next Wallaby No 10 according to many. To'omua is a 12 playing 10 according to many more.

Ramm has been disappointing this year, so far, but has the ability to be the second best winger on the field.

Mark N (Nawaqanitawase) on the other hand I wouldn't have in the starting 15 yet, but many posters seem to think he has the goods.

Alex Ross (28)

2. Hanson (REB)
3. Pone (REB)
4. Cummins (REB)
5. Hosea (REB)
6. Swinton (WAR)
7. Tizzano (WAR)
8. Dempsey (WAR)
9. Powell (REB)
10. Harrison (WAR)
11. Koroibete (REB)
12. To'omua (REB)
13. Hodge (REB)
14. Ramm (WAR)
15. Maddocks (WAR)

7 v 8
I think that is very generous to the Tah players in their current form

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
I certainly rate Harrison behind JOC (James O'Connor), To'omua and Lolesio at this stage, although like KOB, if you were just picking a team from the these two Harrison at 10 and To'omua at 12 isn't a bad call. I think Harrison has been doing a fair job (with some errors) behind a badly beaten forward pack.
I don't think Ramm has done a whole lot wrong this year, in fact apart from that unexplained lost ball against the Force he was pretty good. Hard to shine a lot as a winger without the football!
I thought Nawaqanitawase showed some of his potential against the Force, very dangerous ball in hand, good under the high ball and a much better boot than I was aware of. Unfortunately, like Jordan Petaia, a lot of his quality attack is undone by a turnover of the football at the end, either losing it cold or throwing a stupid low percentage pass. Mark's defence needs to be stronger also.

Alex Ross (28)
? Where do you rate Harrison. And Ramm and Naiwaqanitawase?

Harrison is the next Wallaby No 10 according to many. To'omua is a 12 playing 10 according to many more.

Ramm has been disappointing this year, so far, but has the ability to be the second best winger on the field.

Mark N (Nawaqanitawase) on the other hand I wouldn't have in the starting 15 yet, but many posters seem to think he has the goods.
On current form, not highly. They will all be great given time.

If I was picking a side based on this season it would be Tizzano and maybe Dempsey. Kemeny looked excellent last outing and Swinton is off the pace. Neither Ramm or Marky have being good this year, both turning the ball over a lot. Perhaps one of them makes it in over Anderson but he looked pretty effective last game also.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
If I was in charge of a club I’d want Tizzano over Hardwick every day of the week, but if I wanted a game to be won this weekend I’d want Hardwick over Tizzano. Same goes for Harrison and To'omua at the 10 spot. Well a lot of Tahs fall into this position

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Does anyone know if i can start this mid-late game from the start on Stand like on Optus sport/kayo? got dinner plans.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Does anyone know if i can start this mid-late game from the start on Stand like on Optus sport/kayo? got dinner plans.
Yep, some friendly people taught me a couple weeks ago, when you click on the game there’s a “play” button and a “more info” button. Go through the more info and you should be fine.