• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 5: Rebels v Waratahs, Friday the 24th of March AAMI Park @7:40

Status
Not open for further replies.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Gordon looked really good in SS. If he can translate that sort of form into this level, he will go a long way.

N

NTT

Rebels to win by 9 pts. They will at least try and run the ball which should be enough to get a few tries for the Fijian Flyers.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
its been pissing down all week here so far, so conditions may not be that conducive to running rugby.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Wholesale changes expected in the backline for the Tahs.

9. Gordon
10. Foley
11. Kellaway
12. Horwitz
13. Horne
14. Robinson
15. Folau

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
Wholesale changes expected in the backline for the Tahs.

9. Gordon
10. Foley
11. Kellaway
12. Horwitz
13. Horne
14. Robinson
15. Folau

I'd stick with Simone over Horwitz IF Foley. It's pretty well established he doesn't work outside Hegarty.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
C7e2raHVUAAG0XJ.jpg:large

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I'd stick with Simone over Horwitz IF Foley. It's pretty well established he doesn't work outside Hegarty.

He's been crap though (and has now been dropped).

Hegarty has been crap too but that doesn't give Simone a free pass.

I think Simone will be excellent in time but I don't think it means they persist with him until that happens.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Hope Foley is ok. With all the issues he has had I'm not a fan of running him straight back into the team. Keep him around the side but rule him out 2-3 weeks. Persistent problems will be a big worry and the stress of getting named then withdrawn every week won't be helping.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
Either way I think it's time for horne at 12. We know Folau will be at 13 because they've released that he'll play there until the bye. That locks in Kelleway for 15, and Reece will be one wing because he kicks. Who's our next winger in line? Taquele? I'd like to see us have someone quick on the wing; who's the quickest in the side - Harry Jones?

well, shows what I know....

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
Pretty happy with that. Simone gone altogether is tough, I would probably have had him on the bench. A bit of time late in the game outside Foley would help him develope to what I see as his huge potential.

Interesting change to the centres, but I don't mind it. Those who want Folau at fullback got their wish, and it may well be the right option. Glad to see both Hanigan and Gordon starting.

Are we sure both Kepu and Foley are fit, or are they subject to fitness checks? And does anyone knbow when Ta'avao is back?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Are we sure both Kepu and Foley are fit, or are they subject to fitness checks? And does anyone knbow when Ta'avao is back?

Kepu would definitely still be in the concussion return to play protocol so has to continue passing milestones are the week progresses.

Foley presumably needs to remain symptom free to play as the week progresses (but that was the case last week and he didn't).

Neither have been bracketed with someone else.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Israel finally back to fullback. Horne in the centres and hopefully Foley back.

Is Wells expected to play lock if needed as there is only one lock on the bench?

Hopefully this fires a rocket up Phipps.

Going to be interesting.

Hanigan will move to lock, Wells to the back row

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
Kepu would definitely still be in the concussion return to play protocol so has to continue passing milestones are the week progresses.

Foley presumably needs to remain symptom free to play as the week progresses (but that was the case last week and he didn't).

Neither have been bracketed with someone else.

Not sure how well Kepu held up after the game. In his speech to the players (was on Kick and Chase) he said he'd never played for another club. So he's forgotten half of 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.