• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 5 : Reds v Force, Suncorp Stadium, 20 March 6.45

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Didn’t he also get taken off after about 55?

Look - Rennie noted he needs to work on his footwork, which i assume is a part of what you’re saying.

But I personally think he is going great. Still plenty of upside potential but I am very happy with him.

We can agree to disagree I guess.

Edit: dismissing the difference between runs in traffic and runs out wide as shit though is absurd. There’s clearly a huge difference.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Paisami has the Wallaby No 12 wrapped up. Don't think we'll see him at 13 any time soon.

McReight is clearly our best No 7, and should take the Wallaby 7 jersey from MH.

JOC (James O'Connor) again led the team around the park like a true champion. Maybe not a classical No 10, but a true champion in whatever position he plays. Seems to be getting better too.

LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) is a penalty magnet. Not that he seems to do the wrong thing deliberately, but just doesn't seem to have good situation awareness. Together with Jack Maddocks, these two are the biggest disappointments so far in the race for Wallaby jerseys.

Nice to see the heat from other franchise fans moving off the Brumbies and on to the Reds.

I think the battle is between Hardwick and McReight, sadly Hooper will come back and get selected.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Yep, Wilson is still only 21. The fact he’s the leading contender to be long term Wallaby 8 is testament to the ability he has shown in just a very small sample of professional rugby.

Part of his appeal isn’t just physical, it’s mental. He never seems to back down and doesn’t go through patches of laziness. Sure he slows down sometimes, but that’s because he’s gassed, not disinterested.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Reds looked a touch flat up front after last week's efforts.

The difference was really Paisami. He made the big plays and will battle To'omua for the Wallaby 12 unless To'omua shifts in one.

If that's the case, keeping Petaia at 13 introduces an important combination BUT Jordie will need to put away the one-handed flick pass shit at Test level. He's good enough not to need it.

Reactions: dru

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
My only issue with LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) is he's a bit thick when it comes to tackling. Two high tackle penalties after coming back from a ban for *drum roll* high tackle!

Lazy and problematic.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
And I thought NSW Rugby was is in all sorts of trouble. NSW Cricket crushed it with a Rugby score type innings. 32-10

And this time not WA or VIC kicking there butt but Tasmania! I think I need to emigrate...QLD apparently has nice weather while Melbourne has nice cafe scene.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Just wondered if anyone else thought that Damon Murphy was a little relaxed about players entering the rucks from the side, certainly thought a few looked like they come in on angle.

Probably could blame the AR's for not picking that infringement type up enough

Finsbury Girl

Trevor Allan (34)
I definitely think we missed Stewart in midfield. Hunter at 13 and Jordie on the wing works best.

A pass mark only Tate was rightly filthy with the performance. We still lapse into silly buggers and JOC (James O'Connor) was a good couple of steps down from last week.

Backrow humming nicely.

WA were competent enough, I cannot see how this team will excite the young kids out at Kalamunda.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I think everyone should calm down a little about how bad the Reds were. This was a clear win for the Reds everywhere but the score board. If a more disciplined side like the Brumbies would have smashed them. The Reds kept them in the
Screenshot 2021-03-22 181418.png
Screenshot 2021-03-22 181611.png
Screenshot 2021-03-22 181701.png
Screenshot 2021-03-22 181743.png
Screenshot 2021-03-22 181815.png
game with penalties. In reality this was a bonus point win.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I definitely think we missed Stewart in midfield. Hunter at 13 and Jordie on the wing works best.

A pass mark only Tate was rightly filthy with the performance. We still lapse into silly buggers and JOC (James O'Connor) was a good couple of steps down from last week.

Backrow humming nicely.

WA were competent enough, I cannot see how this team will excite the young kids out at Kalamunda.

Couldn't disagree with this more. How was Stewart missed? Jordie played his best game in ages and Hunter was the best on field. Stewart came on and did nothing.

Finsbury Girl

Trevor Allan (34)
Couldn't disagree with this more. How was Stewart missed? Jordie played his best game in ages and Hunter was the best on field. Stewart came on and did nothing.

Set piece backline play was mostly rubbish. Maybe you liked the aimless grubbers, rubbish passes and dropped ball. I didn't.

Stewart was on for like 5 mins when the Force had the pill.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
He started the first two games and offered nothing. Seems to not want to pass the ball, absolutely butchered a try when the Reds had a three man overlap and ran back towards the defence against the Tah's in R1.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Set piece backline play was mostly rubbish. Maybe you liked the aimless grubbers, rubbish passes and dropped ball. I didn't.

Those kicks behind were largely predictable based on selections on the wing though, I don’t think Hamish would have changed that. They were always going to try and use the speed of Droases and Vunivalu to chase kicks through and challenge Kearney. I wouldn’t say it was pointless, they caught Kearney well behind the gain line a couple of times, or pressured the kick into net gains.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
He started the first two games and offered nothing. Seems to not want to pass the ball, absolutely butchered a try when the Reds had a three man overlap and ran back towards the defence against the Tah's in R1.

Disagree he offered nothing. He ran a poor angle once, it’s hardly a reason to crucify him. Jock and Vunivalu almost squandered overlaps on the Weekend as well.

dru

Tim Horan (67)

Stewart basically has not passed a ball all season. How does that help backline play?