• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 6 - Reds v Waratahs - Suncorp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Tahs generally played pretty well and then blew both feet off with a poor decision.

For example, Grant is on the break with support runners either side but he kicks it. 10 seconds later they are back on the 10 metre line.

Not holding the ball seemed a general theme whether it was kicking it away or knocking it on.

Marky Mark (Nawaqanitawase) looks like he's toughened up. He always had the skill but his work in the tackle and collision were very poor. Tonight he could barely be tackled. Very much resembled Folau in the air.

Reds barely got out of second gear and still close it out pretty easily. Great side.
To be fair, those kicks would have come off save a couple of freak efforts from Petaia

Pass it to Dunning!

Bob Loudon (25)
I wouldn't have thought a two-try loss would leave the Tahs with some selection headaches, but here we are. Nawaqanitawase was fantastic. Roberts was very impressive, and Reilly showed a lot of promise.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Lukhan Salakai-Loto
Alex Mafi
Suliasi Vunivalu
Angus Scott-Young
Richie Asiata
Iliasa Droasese

But yeah. Full strength
Hmmm…
vunivalu been out entire season…ASY (Angus Scott-Young) given players at 6 and lock no certainty of starting…astisata snd droasse unlikely to even make the 23 given from of players covering positions.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Lukhan Salakai-Loto
Alex Mafi
Suliasi Vunivalu
Angus Scott-Young
Richie Asiata
Iliasa Droasese

But yeah. Full strength
#3 hasn’t played all year, I don’t think #6 has either (or returned to Fiji?) and I’ve never heard of #5. What position does him/her play?

I will give you the other 3 but your depth is way superior to ours, that’s the difference. I’m still ok with the result.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Shiggers, let's rig up an alternative commentary. You do the opinion/colour and I'll be the sensible play-by-play man.
I think you should do the commentary dismal as presume it would be shortlived as producers quickly look to shut it down after your opening dialogue but at least it would be (for that short time) bloody entertaining (at least for us)…

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
Reds deserved the win although Tahs were pretty good with the players they had out and did score the best try by Grant early and give away an intercept to Campbell.
I enjoyed the game ..... compared to last year the Tahs are fantastic!

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Sheeesh the Dutch ruddering going on between the Tahs fans when they were up two players was hilarious.

You lot scored what 3 points that entire 25 minute period?

Some good phases they put together but no leadership where it counted at the halves level. Then absolutely way too soft defensively, the Reds were barely in your 15m red zone and just made easy metres.

Status
Not open for further replies.