• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 6: Waratahs v Crusaders - Saturday 23 March @ SCG

'Tattsy'TaylorFan1

Ward Prentice (10)
Phipps over Gordon NO NO NO. C'mon Daryl why, WHY ???? Unless you want to lose Jake overseas as well next year? Surely Jake Gordon has to be a priority signing for the next World Cup cycle.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
That's a weakish Crusader front row, and missing Barrett, Read and Mounga will be disruptive as well. Still, Tahs will have to be very good to be competitive.

I am a little mystified that two of the Tahs' best backs are on the bench - Gordon and Hunt. Along with Izzy and Rona, they have been pulling their weight this year and would probably make the side stronger if they were in the starting lineup.

So I'm not really a Waratah fan and as a long term Red I do have a soft spot for Hunt. But I have to agree with this. Ditto Gordon, though Phipps had to be givenn the start at some point. Let's see if it lasts.

jimmydubs

Dave Cowper (27)
Hunt back from injury?
Gordon shafted.
Weak crusaders side, Tahs starting 10? Wallabies in front of a home crowd.
Crusaders by 39

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
I will repeat my earlier comment, the Tahs desperately lacked energy last week, I believe Phipps delivers that. On the other hand, I would have definitely started Hunt.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I can only think they want to manage Hunt's game time on his return from a hammy problem.

Gordon has been playing well but I have no issue with Phipps starting. He injects plenty of energy into the team.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
I think the Cru will tear the Tahs a new one with everything that has gone in their town over the last week.

Perhaps not.
It's just as logical to say that their sadness and grief will take their mind off playing just a game.
The feeling of devastation may have disturbed their preparation too.

I'm sure every player will be affected in different ways and all we can do is welcome them to our home ground and pay them the respect of playing to the best of our ability.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
We all, surely, remember the Crusaders post the Christchurch earthquake? Had to play in far flung places, including London, because their home ground was destroyed along with so much of the city and the many lives. It did not stop them from winning matches.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Reds also won the competition following the 2011 Brisbane floods, a vastly different kind of disaster and impact, but there’s evidence that significant tragic events can galvanise a playing group