• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 7: Reds v Brumbies - Friday April 7 @ Suncorp 7:35pm

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Should be seeing teams announced later today, but it sounds like Vunivalu will be out and Lawson Creighton will start at 10 for the Reds. Expecting a(nother) big performance from guys like McDermott and Wilson to prove Eddie wrong.

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
Should be seeing teams announced later today, but it sounds like Vunivalu will be out and Lawson Creighton will start at 10 for the Reds. Expecting a(nother) big performance from guys like McDermott and Wilson to prove Eddie wrong.
Love to see a Reds upset… Waratahs showed they are definitely beatable.

dillyboy

Nev Cottrell (35)
Is anyone going to the game though so will there be any Suncorp advantage?

Everyone I know who usually goes to home games are all away for Easter.....

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Is anyone going to the game though so will there be any Suncorp advantage?

Everyone I know who usually goes to home games are all away for Easter.....
Yeah Reds & Rebels have been shafted with a home game on Easter, at least yours isn't Saturday night!

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Yeah Reds & Rebels have been shafted with a home game on Easter, at least yours isn't Saturday night!

The upside is that with nothing open on Good Friday, anyone whos keen to get out of the house might go to the game. I saw someone advertising Caxton St pre-drinks for the game but I'm not sure the pubs are even open?

Would probably have been good to get all the Good Friday games scheduled a bit earlier? Move the NZ game earlier and make this a 5pm kick off and maybe families could be more inclined to go.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
The upside is that with nothing open on Good Friday, anyone whos keen to get out of the house might go to the game. I saw someone advertising Caxton St pre-drinks for the game but I'm not sure the pubs are even open?

Would probably have been good to get all the Good Friday games scheduled a bit earlier? Move the NZ game earlier and make this a 5pm kick off and maybe families could be more inclined to go.
Brewski definitely is, though only until 8. I imagine it'll be the similar for most, at least those that serve food (as per the insane licensing restrictions).

Wilson

David Codey (61)
No Vunivalu as hinted at and Creighton, Blyth and Sula-Siosi all starting:
1680660266166.png

1680660274696.png

Fireworks

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Interested to know the thinking behind starting Phransis ahead of Nonggorr and Ryan Smith on the bench when he’s been a clear standout.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Interested to know the thinking behind starting Phransis ahead of Nonggorr and Ryan Smith on the bench when he’s been a clear standout.
It might be that Smith needs a break, but there's probably also an effort to keep some strength in reserve to combat the Brumbies traditionally strong bench at the back end of the game.

drewprint

John Solomon (38)
Very good, very settled Brumbies team. Again, I just can’t see our pack standing up to theirs, particularly the tight 5. I’ll be at the game but I foresee another loss unfortunately. I’ve managed to get my wife to come along to her first rugby match too - hopefully the Reds can at least put on a show!

Sword of Justice

Vay Wilson (31)
I'm also surprised by Smith to the bench. I thought Uru found rock moving at the breakdown quite difficult in the last few weeks, leading him to give away penalties attempting to make life easier.

Against the better locks in the competition, of which the Brumbies certainly have a few, I think he has been found out. As a 6 in a balanced team he is very destructive though.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Genuine chance the Brumbies put 40 on this Reds team. The crowd will be small so no real home field advantage.

Lawson starting at 10 seems more like a 'lets try something new' than a genuine upgrade on JOC (James O'Connor).

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
That's possibly the strongest team the Brumbies have rolled out this year, but they've also struggled to win in Queensland since... 2015?