• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 7 Reds v Brumbies, Suncorp Stadium 2/4 @ 6:45pm AEST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
More like - "Who shouldn't have been there due to poor form?"

But for most folk last year - it was Jock Campbell that should have been there.

For the end of year tour- WIlson and McReight ?
Who was in poor form that got selected in front of any of those 3.

Hooper.. guess so drop him. Valetini ..he never played a good game at 8 .. granted we were down to selecting Beale at fullback so maybe Campbell...

And as others have said the complaint was McKellar selecting Hookers..

Once again in nosense that Rennie would be so weak that McKellar rode rough shot over selections.. and that McKellar did that at the detriment of the team cos he knows Brumbies players... Granted he said that Hooker he did select some as they knew his calls... But tell me who else was available too select.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Who was in poor form that got selected in front of any of those 3.

Hooper.. guess so drop him. Valetini ..he never played a good game at 8 .. granted we were down to selecting Beale at fullback so maybe Campbell...

And as others have said the complaint was McKellar selecting Hookers..

Once again in nosense that Rennie would be so weak that McKellar rode rough shot over selections.. and that McKellar did that at the detriment of the team cos he knows Brumbies players... Granted he said that Hooker he did select some as they knew his calls... But tell me who else was available too select.
Samu was not a dominant as some would profess.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Samu was not a dominant as some would profess.
1649215818045.png

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Says the guy, saying Too Many Brumby Hookers then proceeds to name zero Hookers as who shouldn't be selected :)
Sorry to say this but feel like I am trying to discuss things with a half wit.

Please go back through the thread for the evidence.

No where did I say "too many brumby hookers"

No where did I say any of the hookers in the camp should not have been there

The gist of my comments was that there are some players that could have been there as they had better form and performances than was recognized..

Think I will let the rest of this discussion through to the keeper now.

griffins

Bill Watson (15)
Stats show otherwise.
Do the stats show where the successful throws were taken? Teams conceding 2 ball to the Rebels because they know they will be unwilling to call to the middle and back (better spots to attack from) probably has a fair bit to do with those stats.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Do the stats show where the successful throws were taken? Teams conceding 2 ball to the Rebels because they know they will be unwilling to call to the middle and back (better spots to attack from) probably has a fair bit to do with those stats.
if this were true, wouldn't those defending teams have had a jumper at 2 picking off those balls.. or doesn't that suit the narrative?

griffins

Bill Watson (15)
if this were true, wouldn't those defending teams have had a jumper at 2 picking off those balls.. or doesn't that suit the narrative?
You can't fully defend all areas in the lineout - as I said teams are conceding them 2 ball and forcing them to attack off crap ball (knowing that their attack is average anyway).

Wilson

David Codey (61)
You can't fully defend all areas in the lineout - as I said teams are conceding them 2 ball and forcing them to attack off crap ball (knowing that their attack is average anyway).
But if he can only throw 2 ball reliably why wouldn't they focus their defence there? Makes no sense to focus defence on the parts of the lineout he can't hit and leave the one he can open.

griffins

Bill Watson (15)
But if he can only throw 2 ball reliably why wouldn't they focus their defence there? Makes no sense to focus defence on the parts of the lineout he can't hit and leave the one he can open.
I would hope that any of our professional hookers could hit the middle and tail of the lineout under no pressure/assume that Uelese (and Kaitu'u, Folau F, Nasser etc) do it all the time at training. Doing it under pressure in a game is a different story. Marking the back and tail force the Rebs to call a lot to 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.