• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 8: Moana Pasifika v Qld Friday April 12

dru

Tim Horan (67)
A red though? I'd appeal it.

I think they will. Thought the tackled player was dropping and did so after McReight was committed to an action. But I dont think a card raised to red during a game is going to be dismissed easily.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
I think I am to blame, I was not going to subscribe to Stan sport but got excited by the way we started the season. I subscribed 4 weeks ago and we have not been good since. A coincidence? I think not.

So for the good of all Queenslanders I ended my Stan sport subscription tonight, expires Sunday. We'll be right now. Bring on the finals.

rugbyAU

Nev Cottrell (35)
The Reds play in front of a handful of fans and lose to one of the worst super rugby teams to ever be in the competition whilst the NRL “battle of brisbane” gets a sellout crowd a few hours later.

And we wonder why it’s always two steps forward, three steps back with rugby.
Embarrassing how bad this team has been since 2011 especially in such a big rugby state

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Potentially controversial opinion but I really don’t like Paisami and Flook centre pairing.

Both players had decent moments last night but I feel like our attack sucked ass cause they don’t complement each other well. Paisami lots of stepping back inside and making some ground but then it would stop any momentum out wide and Flook wouldn’t get the ball in good position.

Similar issue to when the Reds played Kerevi ball.

I’m a diehard Flook fan and would be keen to see what Annan/JOC (James O'Connor)/Creighton at 12 looks like to hopefully unlock Flook and Petaia more.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Spinning the judiciary wheel of fortune.....
My guesses.

Tate gets mid-range striking. Which starts at 5 weeks and gets 2 weeks off for wearing his best suit = 3 week suspension

McReight gets mid-range high tackle. Starts at 6 weeks and gets 3 weeks off for a lovely smile + one more week off for tackle school = 2 weeks suspension

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ as was shown recently you can still get the "tackle school" reduction even if the offence wasn't tackle-related so Tate may also only end up with two weeks.

On the McReight one I initially thought it was penalty only but the reverse angle was pretty damning so it had to be a Card.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Both teams defended well but on attack were grisly lumpen oafs.

Not a flash spectacle in an utterly, utterly empty Okara Park. FFS they wouldnt have even taken in enough gate receipts to pay for turning on the lights.
Is NZ technically up to having LED lights? ;)

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Missed this game last night and just caught up. What a mess of a game. Kiss and the coaches can't be happy with that performance at all. Plus two Reds out with Red's now to deal with. Not sure what's caused the change but they really seem to be struggling to bring it all together. There were many opportunities out there. Wilson getting turtled for example.

Part of me feels like this is a master plan to keep the Tah's out of the top 8 :)

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Potentially controversial opinion but I really don’t like Paisami and Flook centre pairing.

Both players had decent moments last night but I feel like our attack sucked ass cause they don’t complement each other well. Paisami lots of stepping back inside and making some ground but then it would stop any momentum out wide and Flook wouldn’t get the ball in good position.

I’m a diehard Flook fan and would be keen to see what Annan/JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor)/Creighton at 12 looks like to hopefully unlock Flook and Petaia more.
The obvious counter-point, though, is that Paisami was easily the best backline player for the Reds that match.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Not in my book D. He plays way too much for Hunter's glory for my liking. Ball rarely gets beyond him and I think it is telling on the rest of the backline. Bad for the Reds and would be a tragedy for the Wallabies were it come about.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Not in my book D. He plays way too much for Hunter's glory for my liking. Ball rarely gets beyond him and I think it is telling on the rest of the backline. Bad for the Reds and would be a tragedy for the Wallabies were it come about.
Good point BR, I was thinking how well Paisami went, but you correct in he not setting anyone else up!

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)

I’m a diehard Flook fan and would be keen to see what Annan/JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor)/Creighton at 12 looks like to hopefully unlock Flook and Petaia more.
Flook looks like he could do with a rest tbh.

He’s getting banged up. Feel like he’s had a couple borderline head knocks and the shoulder got a good dump last night.

Annan or JOC (James O'Connor) I think could be alright but I hate the idea of 10s at 12. They tend to crab sideways and look lost. Has he played much 12 in Clubland?

Whatever happens please leave Petaia on the Wing. He can be absolutely world class there.