• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 8: Moana Pasifika v Qld Friday April 12

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Until the wahs regress to the mean and people dont give a shit.

There's obviously a bandwagon effect but even in a bad year they were still pulling 10-12K most weeks.

Time for Moana's CEO to swallow his pride & give the GM of Pukekohe Stadium a call. Followed by calling the GM of the Auckland Council department responsible for allocating sports to facilities & telling him he can go ahead & repurpose Albany 'cos Moana won't be playing there ever again.

Last edited:

Red Twist

Allen Oxlade (6)
Potentially controversial opinion but I really don’t like Paisami and Flook centre pairing.

Both players had decent moments last night but I feel like our attack sucked ass cause they don’t complement each other well. Paisami lots of stepping back inside and making some ground but then it would stop any momentum out wide and Flook wouldn’t get the ball in good position.

Similar issue to when the Reds played Kerevi ball.

I’m a diehard Flook fan and would be keen to see what Annan/JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor)/Creighton at 12 looks like to hopefully unlock Flook and Petaia more.
Yet on at least 2 occasions if Flook had have used multiple support players a score was likely, yet he went alone.

I'm a fan, but Friday wasn't one of his best games and Hunter was one of our best.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Potentially controversial opinion but I really don’t like Paisami and Flook centre pairing.

Both players had decent moments last night but I feel like our attack sucked ass cause they don’t complement each other well. Paisami lots of stepping back inside and making some ground but then it would stop any momentum out wide and Flook wouldn’t get the ball in good position.

Similar issue to when the Reds played Kerevi ball.

I’m a diehard Flook fan and would be keen to see what Annan/JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor)/Creighton at 12 looks like to hopefully unlock Flook and Petaia more.
I am struggling to recall who was at 12 when he got injured at the start of the year. Did HMP move to 12 with Lynagh at 10?

Wilson

David Codey (61)
The obvious counter-point, though, is that Paisami was easily the best backline player for the Reds that match.
I had him second to Petaia but generally agree. Wouldn't mind seeing Petaia and Flook as the two wings.

It's a real pity Henry is out for the season, the backline was easily the best it's been with him at 12 this year.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
The obvious counter-point, though, is that Paisami was easily the best backline player for the Reds that match.

Yeh I agree - but Kerevi was clearly the best player on the field for the Reds for years and they didn't achieve anything. In fact I think once he left they had a pretty significant rise in the ladder.

We need players working with a clear gameplan and alignment of skill sets.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
A crashballer at 12 is pretty common-place. I think it's more about knowing your players limitations and developing the appropriate gameplan around that. The game-plan against Moana was unnecessarily convoluted and probably un-suited to Paisami.

Having said all that I have seen games where Paisami distributes very well and I thought his decisions to run it and make adline made sense in the context of the headless chicken shit going on around him.