• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round Six: Waratahs v Rebels Friday March 29, 7:35 pm SFS

Pokinacha

Dave Cowper (27)
We’re in Canberra next week. With a parochial Bumbies crowd could be a tough experience. Just hope the Red rough them up tomorrow

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Not sure Joe Schmidt would be getting happy about any of that! Glad I wasn’t at the ground. Glad Harrison is back. Does he grab th 10 jersey next week?
I hope so. Nothing against Edmed but we need a change. Being such a limp competition they can still make the finals and get their teeth kicked in first round.

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
Not sure Joe Schmidt would be getting happy about any of that! Glad I wasn’t at the ground. Glad Harrison is back. Does he grab th 10 jersey next week?
id say swinton and holloway in a losing side would be about it. maybe harrison's return?

leota's efforts from the rebels in the winning side? talaki doing the hard yards?

rugbyAU

Nev Cottrell (35)
Front row is not there - Without Bell and Lambert our props are not up to super standard, HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) is not that great and we need Porecki back

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
The game plan of an amateur. Adios amigo.
See, I keep hearing this from the arm chair genius sect, but nobody can actually point out what is wrong, it how to fix it.

How does game plan affect dropped ball?
How does game plan dictate giving away borderline penalties in the wrong areas?
How does game plan tell Pietsch to hog the ball instead of giving it inside to score under the posts?

We're making line breaks, so game plan is doing something right.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
See, I keep hearing this from the arm chair genius sect, but nobody can actually point out what is wrong, it how to fix it.

How does game plan tell Pietsch to hog the ball instead of giving it inside to score under the posts?

What about our complete inability to execute an exit?

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)

you forgot the non-tap.
and then not calling the ref out on the rules.

;)

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)

True. But why do we also rely on only our best 23 to be competent. We have some late injuries and end up starting a guy out of Colts. 7 goes down and we start a toiler second row in the jersey. We have nothing if you scratch the surface.

It’s been built badly. It’s been built like a club side where you get away with fringe selections and shoving talent on the field. At this level it ends in errors.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
I caught this one late as I was out, but that was a hard watch. Tah's had their opportunities and often looked the better side, but they just couldn't finish. There was an up tempo approach, but there were just too many errors and a real lack of sustained pressure at times. It felt like a few players were playing too much rugby and I personally would have loved a little more pragmatic territory play, especially when we seemed to have the better of them in the line out.

The Rebels really didn't look great for much of the game with balls being kicked out on the full, coughed up, lost line outs... we really should have done more to turn their errors into points (not that we didn't have our share of coughed up balls or wayward passes over the sideline).

I didn't catch what happened to the squad as we seemed to be short a number of players. Where were Bell, Gamble and Hanigan etc?

On the positives, I thought Grant played well coming on, it was really nice to see Harrison back and minus that last pass to Foketi, I thought he injected himself really well. I look forward to seeing more of him. Likewise good to see Foketi back after his scare.

Really disappointing and not great for our season to drop that game.

Last edited:

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Fuck yeah, up the Good Guys. Listening to Darby after the game made me very happy. Congrats to the kid, he was ecstatic.

i actually only caught the final 5, which were pretty entertaining. How’d Darby go?

Rebels must have done something right, 4 try win away from home with the club falling down around them! Some ticker, Rebs all the way

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Jeez 'always upright' is a tough call
The language either needs to change if that body shape is called always upright.

Truthfully I'm at the point where I say hand the decisions over to AI. Create a model of biomechanics realities coupled with reasonable agility of what you are expecting from players and just take it out of the refs hand.

Pretty reasonable dip from Sinclair there, but always a yellow with the head on head and the current shape of the laws.

Yoda

Watty Friend (18)

How about not playing off 9… there’s a start. Jake over plays his hand. Jorgo and Mark are great attackers and they rarely touch the ball. Coleman has to take the rap for that … kicking the ball away constantly… that’s game plan… last year we kept the ball in contact to build phases… except we couldn’t hold the ball for more than two or three before either losing it or getting penalised. Or we box kicked the crap out of it. So… you either change plans or coach your side to be better drilled. By the way, young Harrison and Grant looked better in the halves at the back end, apart from a couple of rusty plays from Harrison. So.. do they start next week? What do they have to lose? But hey Pfitzy…. We are all arm chair geniuses.. even you. We’re Roarers!

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
nsfwbandwagon.png