• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby 7s general chat

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Green wasn’t injured.

Both expected to be the 13th player which doesn’t have to be confirmed until closer to the day.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
good to see Henry Patterson and Maddison Levi rewarded for their form at the Oceania 7s, I don’t think either are in the 7s program at the moment

pissedoffihavetoregister

Bill Watson (15)
Good to see madison levi get in, she was the form player in aon comp, so great that they show you can jump into the olympics just by doing that. Shame the newcastle 16yr old who was good in the AON series didn't get a run in Townsville, she is one to watch for the future.
Greens defence in the recent series was terible, she let in a few trys vs the kiwis.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Will Trae Williams be missed?
Trae Williams will be bummed given swapped Olympic dreams for sevens Olympic rugby dreams..Lewis Holland confirmed not on because of hamstring injury and Ellia green just not doing enough after returning from injury to secure a spot.

I am bummed trae Williams could not make the squad as had genuine gas

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Yeh another big omission - I wonder if xvs inhibited his sevens style of play

I suspect he might have been caught between two alternative choices, maybe he bulked up a bit for the 15s and lost some of speed, agility, whatever. I hope the respective coaches - Rennie and Walsh - give him the right advice that is best for him and best for the national teams.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I feel Green was ahead of the curve in terms of strength and conditioning, i don't think she has declined, but do you think its a case that the standard has lifted around her and she's no longer a point of difference?

I think whilst others have caught up physically, she hasn't necessarily had the same development in her core rugby skills.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I think her strength and conditioning is still pretty epic. She's just recovering from some pretty significant injuries which have impacted her speed.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
"The Olyroos and the rugby Seven’s mens Olympic teams are under a series of immediate investigations following a written complaint sent from Japan Air Lines to the Australian Olympic Committee about obnoxious and unsafe behaviour on a flight home.
Both teams were involved in hours of rowdy and drunken antics on the 10 hour flight from Tokyo to Sydney which arrived on Friday morning."
More at the Telegraph.