• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby 7s general chat

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
NZR have announced men's & women's HSBC Sevens Legs in Hamilton on 21 & 22 January 2023.

Edit: a ground adjacent to the stadium (presumably club Fraser Tech's across the road) will be used to fit all the games in.

Full schedule to be released "in coming days" so I'm guessing Sydney or another Australian venue will be named then.

Last edited:

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Still so much 7’s this yr. Final round of the World Series, Oceania in a couple of weeks, comm games then RWC7’s but here’s next yr.

68EB1071-6746-4439-9169-7DED406D9AAA.jpeg

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
https://www.theroar.com.au/2022/06/...eturn-abs-legend-says-tahs-pack-a-real-punch/

Kerevi & Marky N on the radar for the Comm games

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
yeah i suppose it just sucks if you have a cohesive squad that are delivering and then you boot two. I just hope they have a proper crack - not the standard - play the 1 tournament before. (note i didn't read the article)

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
yeah i suppose it just sucks if you have a cohesive squad that are delivering and then you boot two. I just hope they have a proper crack - not the standard - play the 1 tournament before. (note i didn't read the article)

I see what your saying but its still a massively young squad made up of talented club footballers with 2 older guys. We had to draft in Billy Meakes at the start of the season cause most of the squad hadn't played more than 5 tournaments each.

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
I love the fact that now all Aussie Rugby teams are playing in the same gold predominant strip. The canary yellow of Aussie 7’s was appalling.

Marce

Jim Lenehan (48)
https://www.theroar.com.au/2022/06/...eturn-abs-legend-says-tahs-pack-a-real-punch/

Kerevi & Marky N on the radar for the Comm games
Wallabies need Kerevi at 12 to beat The Pumas. Cheika knows everything about RA so will vbe a tough contest and it's proven that there's no a properly backup for Samu

Marce

Jim Lenehan (48)
I love the fact that now all Aussie Rugby teams are playing in the same gold predominant strip. The canary yellow of Aussie 7’s was appalling.
The bad thing is that you can't buy the 7s jersey. I wanted the Adidas Olympic jersey but never was sell for the commoners. You have to be the son of Andy Marinos to get a 7s jersey lol The marketing is so mismanaged in RA
Australia-Sevens-Olympic-Jersey-2016.jpg

GettyImages-587596718.jpg

https___prod.static9.net.au___media_2016_08_14_10_47_sevens_1408g_1000.jpg

D-Box

Ron Walden (29)
The bad thing is that you can't buy the 7s jersey. I wanted the Adidas Olympic jersey but never was sell for the commoners. You have to be the son of Andy Marinos to get a 7s jersey lol The marketing is so mismanaged in Rugby Australia
View attachment 13679
View attachment 13680
View attachment 13681
TBF to RA - they don't own the rights to the Olympics uniforms. AOC like to keep them only for players and support staff (and siblings who get the extra kit)

Marce

Jim Lenehan (48)
TBF to Rugby Australia - they don't own the rights to the Olympics uniforms. AOC like to keep them only for players and support staff (and siblings who get the extra kit)
Even the last Asics jersey? Tokyo 2020
28c1ff17-7d2b-4dd9-8f24-7b67aa13ec7c.jpeg.jpg