• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby Administration - Please Rant here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
John Coates may be about to lose the AOC presidency, whatever the claims against him he stands as one of the most successful sports administrators in Australia and an outstanding negotiator at the international level. Could be a very interesting option to replace pulver.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

lou75

Ron Walden (29)
John Coates may be about to lose the AOC presidency, whatever the claims against him he stands as one of the most successful sports administrators in Australia and an outstanding negotiator at the international level. Could be a very interesting option to replace pulver.

They could swap and Pulver could take over AOC

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member

FFS - NO! I'm not sure Aus rugby can afford his taste for largesse, and I don't think we really need a "dictator" style figure involved in running the game. If any bodies define "snout in the trough" better than the IOC and various national Olympic Committees, I'm struggling to think of them.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
FFS - NO! I'm not sure Aus rugby can afford his taste for largesse, and I don't think we really need a "dictator" style figure involved in running the game. If any bodies define "snout in the trough" better than the IOC and various national Olympic Committees, I'm struggling to think of them.

"Hold my Grange..."

29July_BronwynBishop_800x600.jpg

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Politicians are rank amateurs compared to AOC / IOC players, even pros like Bronnie. Big salaries (at least in Oz), flown all over the world by hopeful bidders hoping to snag an Olympics or get their "new" sport in the next games, probably not in cheap seats, "feted" when they get there, ensconced in nice hotels and so on, basically being impressed for their vote. Coates has sat unchallenged for decades presiding over a huge pot of money gifted to the AOC and you could hardly say the trickle down to Olympic performance has blown anyone's socks off. The voting in AOC circles is more Byzantine than the ARU, designed to consolidate a small power base. And yet his remuneration climbs. Yeah, Australian Rugby needs that.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Politicians are rank amateurs compared to AOC / IOC players, even pros like Bronnie. Big salaries (at least in Oz), flown all over the world by hopeful bidders hoping to snag an Olympics or get their "new" sport in the next games, probably not in cheap seats, "feted" when they get there, ensconced in nice hotels and so on, basically being impressed for their vote. Coates has sat unchallenged for decades presiding over a huge pot of money gifted to the AOC and you could hardly say the trickle down to Olympic performance has blown anyone's socks off. The voting in AOC circles is more Byzantine than the ARU, designed to consolidate a small power base. And yet his remuneration climbs. Yeah, Australian Rugby needs that.

Bravo! Love to see a Cyclo firing right out of the gate! Fire on comrade!

boyo

Mark Ella (57)

Sepp Blatter and FIFA?

Status
Not open for further replies.