• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby HQ 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

RugbyHQ has heard our call for the women 7's team to be on the show... Now all they need to do is get rid of Georgina Robinson and I might start watching again on a regular basis.

c63438059673130e35e94fa9c274da0e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
I managed to make myself watch just enough of it last night to see the panel excuse the current Reds and RG performance basically because 'Quade Cooper is injured'.

Among the very useful suggestions from the panel was Tim Horan's that Richard Graham is fine, he just needs 'A coach consultant'.

Helmet is an all time great player. He is probably a great bloke. But as a rugby pundit and commentator he is one of the most horrendously conflicted chocolate fucking teapots doing the rounds. And there's a few.

T

TOCC

Georgina is the Greg Martin of NSW, the parochialist will appreciate her contribution and those who are from outside the state will maintain the rags.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I can't recall anyone disliking her prior to the McKenzie/Patston saga.

It seems that those who think she acted wholly inappropriately in the articles she wrote on that issue hate her and it pretty much starts and ends there.

T

TOCC

You're right the Link/Patson saga increased my existing dislike for her journalism but let's clarify I don't hate her, I just don't like reading her articles or her style of journalism.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
But at least they didn't have that awful Georgina Robinson on.

I'll hold those few articles she wrote about McKenzie and Patston against her until my dying days.

Maintain the rage! o_O

This is an odd post. It fans the flames of something that you'd prefer people got over and since you posted it, there's now been 3 more posts on the issue, not including mine. But yeah, maintain the rage! ;)

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
I wish Geerob was a bit more like Marto....... would love her to stick her neck out with a controversial opinion or prediction every now and again. I enjoy her writing generally, but on shows like Rugby HQ and Offsiders I would like her to be a bit more opinionated. Just makes for better TV.

I don't mind Marto outside of the commentary box, he is unafraid to speak his mind and that works on panel-type shows, even if he is wrong a lot of the time. It provokes a reaction, which the rugby guys generally don't do enough of.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Melody Robinson (former NZ Women's team captain) does a good job of 1/2 and post match interviews.

FoxSports should be targeting a recently retired Wallaroo to sit on the panel rather than another journalist or boofheaded former Wallaby.

Tahspark

Ted Thorn (20)
Enjoyed the airplay given to the U20s last night including interviews with A.Kellaway & highlights of their clash on Tuesday night with the BaaBaas. Given that the ARU is now making a more serious investment in the U20s programme it's good to see media outlets such as this show giving it greater attention; more so than previous years IIRC.

G&GR still leads the way by a fair margin in the exposure it gives to our upcoming talent.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Sam Carter sure said obviously a lot last night.

I reckon it was about 15-20 times in the space of 5 minutes.

SaderCheif

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Well, this is the first time Ive watched this show.
I dont think ill bother again. Kearns is particularly distasteful.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
I just get excited when the odd episode is uploaded somewhere I can actually watch it :(

I hate baseball season.

Westie

Sydney Middleton (9)
Well, this is the first time Ive watched this show.
I dont think ill bother again. Kearns is particularly distasteful.
Kearns is without doubt the largest knob in oz rugby. Embarrassing. The other guy's on the show really should have ripped into him for being such an arse, he simply illustrated what's wrong with nsw rugby. Sore loser just doesn't go far enough. Go away Kearns you drop kick the highlanders were too good.

Status
Not open for further replies.