• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby League players who could have/could make the switch

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Jarred Hane believed his own hype.. His has more baggage then JOC (James O'Connor), wouldn't sigh him for free

Billy Slater has it all over Jarred Hayne. 2009 GF is my starting evidence, followed by numerous SOO encounters. No surprise that Jarred gets rotated around with Stewart and Duggan.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Fox sports is reporting Andrew Fifita is interested in switching to rugby having spoken to Link. Currently with the Sharks but disillusioned after the scandal. He joined the Sharks after the period of investigation. 24 yrs old. 194 cm and 115kg would be a good loosie potentially. He's a tough bugger. Real mongrel.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
Yeh if Fifita were to switch over to Union he could be our answer to number 8. Big and Tough and has a decent rugby background. Any player that can make the Kangaroos forward pack with the quality in depth they have would be a huge asset to the Wallabies

The Rock

Ward Prentice (10)
Fox sports is reporting Andrew Fifita is interested in switching to rugby having spoken to Link. Currently with the Sharks but disillusioned after the scandal. He joined the Sharks after the period of investigation. 24 yrs old. 194 cm and 115kg would be a good loosie potentially. He's a tough bugger. Real mongrel.

And he is Fast, Speed is Everything !

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Hopefully they can make it happen.. Fifita is a weapon in the NRL.. Make a great number 8... Only pity is he doesn't want to live in Canberra (although we have a roster spot free still). He was a junior Brumbie as well

T

tranquility

Wow. Just read this too.

He has one of the biggest engines in the NRL, incredible workrate.
If he didn't have any rugby background I wouldn't think much of it, but if he was a rugby junior as suggested - that could be a very exciting development.

Zander

Ron Walden (29)
I think he could make it for two reasons, he has a high workrate for a prop and he's bloody skillful and quick. Think Billy Vunipola but not as big but quicker. He could be outstanding.

T

Train Without a Station

I'm all for a top up but I'd hope the ARU doesn't offer too much for a guy who has never been tested in Rugby. Folau was an outside back, and still started a little wobbly.

A number 8 who hasn't packed in a scrum, jumped in a lineout, or hit a ruck for years is a completely different story. Thorn is one of the best forward cross code converts and even he took a great deal of time to land on his feet in rugby the first time.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
am convinced that with the injury plagued Palu never being ok for extended periods I think that F. at 8 has the size, mongrel, toughness, and motor to make it in Rugby.

Would make for interesting times in selection of 6 and 8 - Higgers, Fardy, Mowen, Palu (who are all proven in to a large degree) and the big Mungo (if he actually goes well).

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
I'm all for a top up but I'd hope the ARU doesn't offer too much for a guy who has never been tested in Rugby. Folau was an outside back, and still started a little wobbly.

A number 8 who hasn't packed in a scrum, jumped in a lineout, or hit a ruck for years is a completely different story. Thorn is one of the best forward cross code converts and even he took a great deal of time to land on his feet in rugby the first time.

With respect, we heard very similar comments this time last year about Folau. My excitement would be tempered if he had no rugby experience but that's not the case. If we're honest with ourselves, the talent in the current Kangaroos side is much more impressive than the talent available to the Wallabies. That's simply a product of having much more depth. If Fafita can go from rookie to test player in one year i reckon splash a bit of cash. Besides he is the type o player we are in great need of. A young, powerful, damaging ball runner with a good work rate.

T

Train Without a Station

Outside backs come across much easier than forwards.

The breakdown and set piece is a key element of the forwards game and he does none of it now. That's why Thorn struggled to come across.

If we were talking a Kangaroo outside back that would be a different story.

Could do extremely well. Could also struggle with the nuances of rugby and be solely effective as a seagulling player.

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
just found out the big fella was a Brumbies rep junior with a bright future. For anyone to say that we dont need 5 teams in Supe, this shows further evidence of the player drain we lose to the mungos at the lower age groups. I would dearly love to see the day when those fucking mungo swine stop pinching our players. swine.