• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby Quotes of the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Nick Cummins on Ben McCalman scoring the only try against the Reds:
". Sweating like a gypsy with a mortgage when he got up after scoring that try."

Hard to pick the "best of " the quotes from the Honey Badger.

In a world where our kids talk about cookies, sidewalks, french fries and butts instead of more culturally appropriate Australian alternatives, it is refreshing to hear about rats up drainpipes, bloody good, just going bananas, etc.

Is the Honey Badger the single handed saviour of Okkerisms in this age of Political Correctness and American cultural imperalism?

What a sad humourless world we live in when I say that I would not be surprised if the Badger is back in front of the cameras being forced to apologise to all persons of Romany extraction about the insult to their culture and negative stereotyping an entire race. Crap. Get a life.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Hard to pick the "best of " the quotes from the Honey Badger.

In a world where our kids talk about cookies, sidewalks, french fries and butts instead of more culturally appropriate Australian alternatives, it is refreshing to hear about rats up drainpipes, bloody good, just going bananas, etc.

Is the Honey Badger the single handed saviour of Okkerisms in this age of Political Correctness and American cultural imperalism?

What a sad humourless world we live in when I say that I would not be surprised if the Badger is back in front of the cameras being forced to apologise to all persons of Romany extraction about the insult to their culture and negative stereotyping an entire race. Crap. Get a life.
You should see the beauty of a quote he has under his twitter bio.
"Love getting the pill over the stripe"

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
He can be the undersecretary of tweeness in my Ministry.

Almost as if he is the byproduct of a long forgotten pre-marriage Jarse one night stand.

Rassie

Trevor Allan (34)
Blue Bulls supporter giving match updates on the Vodacom Cup match between the Blue Bulls v EP KIngs that was played on Saturday. Blue Bulls were leading 31 - 12 with 10 to go. 6 minutes later the EP Kings made it 31 - 27. Blue Bulls tried to hold on and EP was on the attack close to Bulls try line with time up. He said the following during that last moments.

EP on the attack.
Attack Attack Heart Attack

EP won the game with a buzzer beater 34 - 31 at Loftus

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I liked the one from Sumo Stevenson commentating on an ITM cup game last year, prop gets popped from scrum and Sumo says " 'whoever' has gone Meerkat" loved it, I do admit to being a Sumo fan.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Foxtel commentator at the England 7's after a couple of f bombs are picked up by the mics from the Australian 1/2 time talk

" I apologize for that industrial talk from the half time huddles"

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
They never learn, they apologise for the language in the HT talk every damn series. Either don't put a mic there or put up with it. Don't expect coaches not to use colourful language in a heated moment.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
The Honey Badger is at it again!
Watch the video but one quote in particular that stuck out to me:
"If I end up getting a gig [for the Lions], mate I'll be going off like a cut snake!"

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Jumped the gun there a little in the heat of the moment.

The exact quote from McArdle from the replay:

And I know feelings are very important to backs, so you have to wonder, you know, how Nic White and Nick Phipps would be feeling about that....

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Not Heaven's game and I am somewhat ashamed that I watched even 5 minutes of the ridiculous Footy Show but Fatty Vautin saw nothing utoward in the following:
"In the 100 year history of our great game there have been only 8 immortals. 2 of them are dead."

Status
Not open for further replies.