• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby TV Ratings 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tip

Sure Arvo games are fantastic, but not for those who sit in the Eastern stand or those who play Subbies and stick around to watch first grade. If the QRU/NSW etc want more people invested in Rugby to turn up to Saturday afternoon games, they'll need to dictate that Clubs can't play at the same time.

BUT, that pisses a lot of players off as games get shifted to Sunday meaning unless you're keen on playing hungover, you're Saturday is a pretty quiet one.

I wrote something similar in the Reds 2016 thread, but why didn't / doesn't the QRU & NSWRU simply play their Premier Grade, Reserve Grade & Prem Colts & Colts 1 on Friday Night where there is a clash with Saturday afternoon games.

I'm sure alot of people/ crowds would get down to an 8:30 prem grade kick-off once a year on a friday night. This way all the Saturday games are finished by 1-2pm.

T

TOCC

I wrote something similar in the Reds 2016 thread, but why didn't / doesn't the QRU & NSWRU simply play their Premier Grade, Reserve Grade & Prem Colts & Colts 1 on Friday Night where there is a clash with Saturday afternoon games.

I played at a few of the Brisbane club grounds a number of years back in a mid-week competition, and the lighting just isn't up to standard. It was good enough for the comp we were playing in at the time, but it made it difficult at the best of times, if the ball was put up in the air and went above the angle of the lights it was near impossible to see the ball. Maybe some of those fields have improved their lighting since then..

T

Tip

Surely half of the clubs have fields with sufficient lighting. Half is all you since Prem rugby is home & away.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Be interesting to see how the Test fares this weekend.

As background, the Socceroos have just played a two-match series against Greece. They rated 158k and 148k respectively on Fox.

Of course that isn't a marquee match-up like England is, but I think we should be expecting an audience of around 400k (FTA and Fox combined)?

What are we up against?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Sydney vs GWS in the AFL is on Sunday which is good as that would have cost the Wallabies some viewers.

Roosters v Storm is the Saturday night NRL match.

Sadly, The Voice on Channel 9 will rate higher than the rugby.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Be interesting to see how the Test fares this weekend.

As background, the Socceroos have just played a two-match series against Greece. They rated 158k and 148k respectively on Fox.

Of course that isn't a marquee match-up like England is, but I think we should be expecting an audience of around 400k (FTA and Fox combined)?

What are we up against?
Would think we'll get 400k on FTA alone and half that again on fox.

Even that disaster of a game against Argentina on the Gold Coast did around 350k combined

T

Tip

I'm optimistic.

Its England.

Plus there's Eddie Jones at the head stirring the media pot.

There's heaps of interest, with this set to be the highest selling tour outside of a Lions year (I can't remember the last time we had close to three 90% seats sold for a Inbound tour, excluding Lions)

Anything under 700k and I'd be dissapointed

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
The actual actual number was just shy of 4mil

2.7m for Metro was the highest ever, but the regionals were down slightly so didn't quite beat their beat ever overall from game 3, 2013

@MediaweekAUS: Wed TV #Origin *updated* National 3,951,000 (Metro 2,708,000 Regional 1,243,000)

half

Alan Cameron (40)
As we get towards of the season, will be interesting to see how the NRC is marketed. These rating are so important going forward.

T

TOCC

AUSvENG FTA: 439k (Syd 168k Mel 50k Bri 153k Ade 11k Per 56k)
AUSvENG FOX: 266k
NZLvWAL FOX: 181k

Shute Shield: 39k

And just for perspective
North Melbourne vs Geelong: FTA 606k, FOX 244k

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)

And just for perspective
Other interesting one was game 4 of the NBA finals, 112k on ESPN.

half

Alan Cameron (40)

And just for perspective

Gotta say thats a tad disappointing ...

jason08

Peter Burge (5)
Agreed. Solid ratings but would've thought it could of got a few more. At least it beat the mungoball it went up against on fox.

T

TOCC

Sat TV #rugby #AUSvENG #TEN 556k (Syd 229k Mel 109k Bri 154k Ade 22k Per 42k)

Sat TV #rugby #ShuteShield #7TWO Warringah v Parramatta Syd 35k

Status
Not open for further replies.